Pissing On JWs That Are Geuninely Searching Here

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Of course, one of the big problems is that we're coming from a religion that tells us what to believe, what to think, what to wear, and what not to believe, think, or wear, etc. EVERYTHING in a JW life is painted in black and white. Some places, people, congregations are creative with some shades in between, but the direction from "mother" is to follow orders... AND JUDGE AND PRESSURE ANYONE THAT EVER WOULD DARE TO STRAY from those JW rules.

So, the mental groundwork for rule-setting and judging-others is set for us, but those rules change as we start to question "mother". I think a lot of the people that come here simply have changed the old Watchtower corporation rules for a personally crafted set of rules painted in blank-and-white that everyone else should live by and that they use to judge others by. So often posts have a "you should do as I say" authoritative ring, because that's what we always heard as dubs.

But we all know clearly that anyone that comes here "reniaa-style" is being disobedient to "mother", even if they claim to be pro-JW, they know that there is only one approved "channel" on the interwebs that they're allowed to visit religiously. Yeah, some nutjobs show up here. As for me, sometimes I'll engage them, but usually ignore them as much as possible. The primary thing I learn is to NOT be anything LIKE them... as self-righteous jerk-offs.

I've been helped here, and I try to help others here. I realize that some of the things I might suggest simply won't work as suggested for others, but I understand that I have a very limited view. And certainly, as far as anyone that's "in" and still has family and friends "in". I'm really not interested in telling them exactly what they have to do. I don't need the burden of forcing someone to take my advice that turns out disasterous. It's not my intention to go door-to-door expecting that people must take my word for everything or god will kill them... soon. If somebody here is an elder, pioneer, bethelite, whatever, it's a tough exit that they are looking at. I'm not going to expect them to rush out the door before they are prepared for what's on the other side. It's their life. It's their choice. I'm not going to play their judge like some kind of an ex-JW-elder.

And everyone better agree with me or Jehovah's gonna get you!

• yesidid
    yesidid

I had some thoughts on this subject, but I just read Billy's post and he said better than I could.

So I will repeat what I wanted to say but Billy said better:

So, the mental groundwork for rule-setting and judging-others is set for us, but those rules change as we start to question "mother". I think a lot of the people that come here simply have changed the old Watchtower corporation rules for a personally crafted set of rules painted in blank-and-white that everyone else should live by and that they use to judge others by. So often posts have a "you should do as I say" authoritative ring, because that's what we always heard as dubs.
    If somebody here is an elder, pioneer, bethelite, whatever, it's a tough exit that they are looking at. I'm not going to expect them to rush out the door before they are prepared for what's on the other side. It's their life. It's their choice. I'm not going to play their judge like some kind of an ex-JW-elder.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks yesi!

I don't get here as often as I used to or would like to... so I try to make my time count... in an anti-Witnessing kind of way

Which reminds me... I better go study...

...for college, of course...

...not study for KH meetings...

...because that's never really study, it's just vocal regurgitation of what was just read.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I've been in this forum for 4 years now, and it's been pretty much the same all along from what I can tell. Actually, I think the old fights used to be much wilder and much more interesting.

• bigmac
    bigmac

@elderelite: quote

"At this point let me be clear to you, littleburger,"

is that addressed at me?

& as for "arrogant ass", well i saw the film "Hunt for Red October" too.

come on EE, knock it off

lively debate is good fun, personal insults is not.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    And everyone better agree with me or Jehovah's gonna get you!

Billy you crack me up, please warn us so I do not snort coffee and make my nose burn.

• minimus
    minimus

Good comments!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit