Pissing On JWs That Are Geuninely Searching Here

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I just want to say something about Witnesses who come here just to try to rebel rouse as opposed to JWs that come here and are "searching" or are "active" members in the Organization but are reading info on this site.

There's no reason to "beat down" Witnesses just because they still go to meetings and we don't. I've seen some insulting words against present elders and it's unnecessary and judgmental, in my honest opinion. Some JWs like to spar with us on this board and it's a losing effort for them in reality.

Who knows when or what will make someone actually leave the tentacles of the Organization. All I know is that I'm glad I'm out and I hope millions of others make their way out of the cult!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I think the people "beating down" the searching Witnesses here are in the minority.

That being said, it's a good message. Let's not let the emotions of OUR past to affect what we say to people with a different story. Their story might be similar to ours but they are different people who react differently.

A little compassion goes a long way I have learned.

-Sab

• minimus
    minimus

agreed

• Ding
    Ding

Good point.

There's always a tension on this website between:

1. Posters' need to vent, and

2. Posters' desire to make sure we aren't saying or doing things that will scare off active JWs and drive them even further into the organization.

• caliber
    caliber

Agreed , using the power of strong reason may benefit dozens of lurkers. Any resistance encountered is an opportunity to reinforce your conviction plus influence others down the path of discovery !

A little compassion goes a long way I have learned.
    -Sab
    I love this quote above
  • CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thanks Minimus, there are a lot of active JWs were who are not starting trouble, but looking and on a journey to where ever that takes us.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..

Don`t sweat it..

Most of us don`t care if someone is an Active JW..

It`s usually a "Shit for Brains Newbie" that makes a fuss..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

Some of the newbies are elders at this time or servants or Pioneers.

We shouldn't make them feel unwanted unnecessarily.

• caliber
    caliber

. Posters' need to vent, and

2. Posters' desire to make sure we aren't saying or doing things that will scare off active JWs and drive them even further into the organization

Even in venting , is this not best done against "the concept "rather than an individual ?

• minimus
    minimus

Good point! No need to beat any person up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit