I am so sad and afraid

by notverylikely 31 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Not really, I just wanted to shout out that I am having an awesome weekend. I spent friday night with the kids playing and watching a movie and grilling steaks, played golf with them on Saturday, watched the ryder cup this morning, went for a run for about 45 minutes, then did 300 reps on the rowing machine, 5 sets on the biceps with dumbells, 4 sets of pushups, now I am watching football and studying the three interviews I have lined up next week and I am listening to Black Label Society who, BTW, I am going to see later this month.

That's right, Black Label Society. Fuck yeah. Awesomeness.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here to comfort you. Awww, you poor guy. It must be just somethin' awful when your biceps get all big and stuff.

• Think About It
    Think About It

NVL.....sounds like a great weekend. I'm hoping to get back into the gym soon from messing up my arm. Good luck on the interviews.

Think About It

• cult classic
    cult classic

I told myself don't open this thread. There is no way NVL is sad or afraid... LOL

You got me.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Here to comfort you. Awww, you poor guy. It must be just somethin' awful when your biceps get all big and stuff.

Thanks love. After the breakup I got kinda lazy and just in the past couple days have I been getting back into it. The first few days were a nightmare but it's amazing how, if you just suffer through the first few days or weeks and push yourself just a little and don't over do it, you start to feel awesome after a workout. It's also a great incentive to cut down on the beer since it makes you think "hmmm.... in the next 90 minutes I could drink the 700 calories I just burned and not even have a buzz. Not worth it"

The sad thing is that no matter what, I can't seem to get my triceps to show the same improvement. It's mildly irritating but I'll live with it.

But seriously....black label society, playing golf with my sons, watching golf, playing football...how freaking awesome is that for a weekend?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Dude. Your weekend f%#$ing rocks. Except for the golf part. Can't get into it, no matter how hard I try. Still, .

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I told myself don't open this thread. There is no way NVL is sad or afraid... LOL

There have been moments. OTWO can tell you about some of the conversations we had when the split and DF was first happening for me. There HAVE been moments when I woke up or couldn't sleep and looking at the divorce, the money it will cost, the kids, the issues, I was afraid I had fucked up and done the wrong thing. But it passed. When my son said that sometimes he was sad at night because I wasn't there every night anymore, that made me sad, but it passed when he said I'm a better dad that I ever was since the split.

But, not like depression or long term sadness or fear.

But seriously, Black Label Society? No fans here?

• zoiks
    zoiks
    ut seriously, Black Label Society? No fans here?

I like Zakk Wylde... great guitarist. Haven't even checked out BLS before. Will do ASAP.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Except for the golf part. Can't get into it, no matter how hard I try.

The trick is to take a lesson so you play decent and don't get frustrated, make liberal use of beer and cigars and play on a course that has cute beer cart girls.

And thanks all for the encouragement on the job front. I DID get a little down after a few failed interviews, but I realized the error was not in my abilities in but in my presentation. I changed my cover letter, resume and way I was searching and have made more progress in the past three weeks that the previous 2 months. Self improvement for the win. I didn't even have to pray for help.

• cantleave
    cantleave

lol - God all that exercise seems like hard work. I just eat, drink and sleep on weekends - does me fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit