I am so sad and afraid

by notverylikely 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had to look up Black Label Society on youtube. How old a person are you?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I like Zakk Wylde... great guitarist. Haven't even checked out BLS before. Will do ASAP.

PM me and I point to some songs. I have the entire discography on iTunes. Or, better yet, just email me at [email protected]

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I had to look up Black Label Society on youtube. How old a person are you?

Thirty-six. Why do you ask?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How young a person are ya?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Because I haven't heard of Black Label Society. I figured you were younger than me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Huh, I thought they sounded like Black Sabbath. I just looked them up. My first concert was at the Omni in Atlanta in February 1974. I saw Black Sabbath.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Good luck with the interviews...

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Because I haven't heard of Black Label Society. I figured you were younger than me.

Well....most of what I listen to MOST people would have to look up. At best, most people have just heard of them. The front man for BLS, Zakk Wylde, used to be the lead guitarist for Ozzy. It has nothing to do with age. Most people haven't heard of the Dresden Dolls, Black LAbel Society, Lamb of God, Union Underground, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Tom Waits, Monster Magnet, Ministry....the ones MOST people have heard of they don't listen to or have just heard a few songs, like Clutch, Tool, Motohead, Rob Zombie (and White Zombie)....I do listen to some more mainstream stuff. I love Pink Floyd, Weezer, I dig on a LOT of blues and older R&B, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, Hendrix, Elmore Leonard, Sam and Dave, Etta James, Dusty Springfield, Coco Taylor, Robert Johnson, Aretha, Ray Charles.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Huh, I thought they sounded like Black Sabbath. I just looked them up. My first concert was at the Omni in Atlanta in February 1974. I saw Black Sabbath.

Your coolness just went up to 11 in my book.

I totally would have gone with you but at 8 months old, I doubt I could have gotten my mom's permission.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I've had a great weekend too! Friday night my husband and I watched an Italian move (love Netflix) and had Italian food and for dessert Tiramissou and coffee with sambuca, yum. Saturday, my friend and I went to an antique street market, hit a few of our favorite unique shops and had Scones and tea at a fancy/frenchy place. Later my husband and I went to Oktoberfest. Our little town has a nice one every year, listened to polka music and had a beer, and watched all the cute little kids playing and doing the chicken dance. Good times. Then we watched another Netflix movie - The invention of Lying, good movie, funny and made you think. In the move, the main character makes up the whole concept of God, which no one had ever heard of before. He made it all up, and because no one else had ever lied, they all believed it. He called him "the guy up in the sky", and the church was called "the quiet place, where you go to think about the guy in the sky.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit