I'm done...

by MrFreeze 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    You can shape a lie of freedom and self acceptance...something everyone deserves.

I meant "life".

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

It's a strange place to be, and sometimes lonely. I'm still getting my footing, but I know it will get better. Hugs to you.

• Hadit
    Hadit

I wish you all the best in finding unconditional friends and happiness. No one needs the bs that goes on. I have no doubt that things will start going your way. You can make it happen. Take one day at a time and enjoy your freedom. It will fall into place.

Good luck and all the best! Keep us posted.

Hadit

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The only reason to stay in the religion is for the good people who are there. If there are none in your congo, then it's not worth staying.

If you are unhappy, don't search for happiness for its own sake: you won't find it. Search for truth, purpose and meaning in your life.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I'm officially walking away from this religion. Even though it means I'll be on my own. I don't really care anymore. I'm sick of all the lying and deceipt, all of the two-faced-ness. Not just the people in the religion but me as well. By leading a double life I've been two-faced. I just can't deal with anymore.
    I can't take it anymore. People I thought were my friends, really not. People who claimed to love and care, don't. I'd rather be left to myself than be surrounded by people who are backstabbing, rumour-mongering, gossip lovers.

Pretty much sums up how I felt back in 1995' when I left. Resigned being an elder and just f'n left, never to be seen or heard from again. That was before the internet started exposing false doctrines, lies, scandals & history of the WTS and it's leaders.

Hope good things start coming your way. I'm pulling for you.

Think About It

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Good for you MrFreeze, its better to know who your true friends are than live in a make belief. If family disowns you, they're not worthy of you. It might be easier for me to say that since none of my blood relatives are dubs but my wife's entire family are and so far I didn't notice being shunned but if they do they can go to hell since I don't give a f^%#! It's wonderful be to honest to yourself. All the best.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember when I made up my mind, once I voiced it outloud there was no turning back. It felt so good just to have made the decision to let go of the religion and say I was done with it. It's been 9 years and I've never regretted it.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I came to this realization May 2008 and told my husband on the way home from a Sunday meeting that I would not be ever going again. Even though I did not know how it would all play out, God it felt good. The road might be a little bumpy but freedom is worth a few bumps. Congratulations! NMKA

• cantleave
    cantleave

Good for you. Stick with your resolve and just keep walking (away from the cult!)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Be true to yourself. However, I gotta tell you, you'll find the same kind of people everywhere. It's part of our most imperfect human condition.

Be well.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit