I'm done...

by MrFreeze 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm officially walking away from this religion. Even though it means I'll be on my own. I don't really care anymore. I'm sick of all the lying and deceipt, all of the two-faced-ness. Not just the people in the religion but me as well. By leading a double life I've been two-faced. I just can't deal with anymore.

I can't take it anymore. People I thought were my friends, really not. People who claimed to love and care, don't. I'd rather be left to myself than be surrounded by people who are backstabbing, rumour-mongering, gossip lovers.

• caliber
    caliber

To reach resolution feels great .... good for you !

How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them.
    Benjamin Franklin

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No man is an island. Stay alone and lick your wounds for a short while, and then go out into the world and make real friends. This is probably the hardest thing you'll ever do, but it will be the most rewarding. You can shape a lie of freedom and self acceptance...something everyone deserves.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I reached that point in 2008. I know how you feel.

There is a happy life after WT. It will take some time, but it's worth it.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Good for you!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks guys. I wish I could share in your enthusiasm. I can't even remember the last time I was genuinely happy. Nothing seems to be going my way. Just for once, I'd like something to go my way.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I walked away feeling that something was wrong, even though I didn't quite know what it was. I never wore the "mask" very well. I'm glad you had the courage to walk away too. Things will get better. It may take a while but it will get better. Hang in there.

V665

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

We all have those periods in our lives when nothing seems to go our way. And being in transition is the hardest. It's being stuck in limbo. But, you have just decided to move on with your life and that is the step in the right direction.

One lesson I seem to have to keep learning the hard way,is that we can not depend on others to bring us happiness. We have to find out what makes us happy. If you're anything like me, you may be feeling you wasted a lot of time waiting for what the Watchtower calls the "real" life. So, now, you have taken that first step to start living your own life.

It will take time, and it is frightening, I know, because it's where I'm at right now. But, start setting small goals to achieve,and find opportunities to reach out to others. And in time, things my start to go your way. Wishing you the best.

Congrats for taking the first step.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

All the best to you Mr Freeze...I hope you soon find some peace and some unconditional friends...I'm sure you will.

Loz x

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Congrats. All the best. Hope things work out for you.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit