MY FIRST POST!!!!!

by drewcoul 40 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you drewcoul

It`s always great to see a newbie on this board

Because we can no longer agree with the conflicting/about face, of doctrines and interpretations of scriptures published by the WTB&TS during their short history doesn`t mean that we hate the people we had known for so long and, in most cases had a great relationship with.Some people take a long time to wake up to the" truth"Some people just never wake up.It`s sad......But your here,take your time to absorb the things you learn and use the brain you have to reason.

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn`t thinking"

G.S.Patton

smiddy

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

I already know.

He's White.

Syl

Edited: I told ya!

Hypocrite black woman

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome drewcoul!

It looks like you have seen what type of fruit is hanging on the WT tree.

Matthew 7:18-20 (New International Version)

18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Regarding the Trinity teaching, it is not important. What is paramount is the question of who is Jesus and who is the Holy Spirit.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 14:16 (New International Version)

16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever

John 14:26 (New International Version)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

Blessings,

Stephen

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Welcome drewcoul,

I'm not sure what was in the water in your area because most of our elders seemed to behave better (ok apart from the unconvicted paedo elder who left behind his business and moved for fear of reprisals from victims and the odd large KH fund embezzlement).

Brilliant point about the work being completed in the 20th century (and thanks to Ynot for the backup). I was very active around that time and along with the other pioneers we all believed it would happen in the 90's. Shocking it has been covered over!

We all react to things differently and it's great to hear someone who has no issue with the people.

Welcome again

MMXIV

• zoiks
    zoiks

Welcome to the board! Glad you can finally post.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I already know.

He's White.

Syl

Edited: I told ya!
    Hypocrite black woman

Stupid White man!

That was a private joke between me and ElderElite.

Sheesh!

Sorry about the derail, Drew.

I don't usually act this way, but Dark Side really chaps my hide!

Syl

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Welcome Drew. Wow you've certainly seen quite a bit. Look forward to hearing more from you.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

my point about the trinity was not about the trinity, it was about the reasoninv used to refute being completely turned on its ear when it comes to the f&ds and matt. 24. one other thing that got under my skin was field service time reportinvg. the scriptures clearly point out the qualifications for elders and m.s.'s. no where does it mention hours needed to qualify. pioneering is a "privilege" never spoken of either. and i could never understand why, if the wt isnt inspired, would they claim to be "God's channel of communication and insist that we treat the wt articles as if they are inzpired.

• littlebird
    littlebird

and i could never understand why, if the wt isnt inspired, would they claim to be "God's channel of communication and insist that we treat the wt articles as if they are inzpired.

I only wished I had caught on sooner. Welcome!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, welcome.

That was a powerful first post. Sorry to hear about your two older brothers getting roped back in, but maybe that will change somewhere, sometime.

Yes, the things that take place by use of the Holy Spirit are incredible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit