do you think Jehovah, personifies love.

by booby 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• booby
    booby

THE WATCHTOWER ? DECEMBER 1, 2010 page 5,6 says:

The ultimate personification of evil, Satan stands in bitter opposition to Jehovah, who personifies love.

Personifies 4. To be the embodiment or perfect example of

• sir82
    sir82

Anyone who promises to slaughter 7 billion people for the intolerable sin of refusing a magazine presentation mumbled by a disinterested JW teen gets my vote!

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I think "Jehovah of Armies" is a strange name for a "god that personifies love" to take for himself.

And yet, his actions and attitude clearly reflects that of a bloodthirsty warlord.

"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

"This is what the Lord of hosts has to say: 'I will punish what Amalek did to Israel when he barred his way as he was coming up from Egypt. Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'" (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood. (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

The Lord has made everything for his own ends, even the wicked for the evil day. (Proverbs 16:4 NAB)

- Lime

• booby
    booby

two who seem to personify my view

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just cannot even begin to say YES when I think of those little girls in the land of Canaan who watched men brutally murder their parents and siblings then were forced to have sex with those same men and cook and clean and have babies for them. Some have said they had a choice, but they go beyond the scriptures. Some have said it was "loving" on God's part to allow them to live. Yeah, right. I am sure that's what those men thought when they raped those preteen and barely teen girls the first time and told them they wouldn't have to tie them up once they became fully submissive.

ALL IN THE NAME OF THE GOD OF THE BIBLE.

• cantleave
    cantleave

NO: Mass murdering control freak.

• booby
    booby

anyone else?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

It is questionable if Jehovah is the personification of love. In 2 Samuel 6:6-7 Uzzah thrust his hand out to the ark of the true God and grabbed hold of it, for the cattle nearly caused an upset and Jehovah struck him down. Yet David who committed adultery and murder was preserved alive. Is this a God of love that kills one who is trying to do good and preserves one who has did bad?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

We cant judge Almighty God on the JWs version of him...its out of sync...I'm happy to trust the Almighty ...whatever his right name is.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

The God who Jesus reflected, yes. Not someone else's perception of Him.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit