Hello JWN...excited to be a new member!

by braveheart 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

G'day Braveheart, a warm welcome, nice to have you on board. Cheers, Mattieu

• yknot
    yknot

I see you used all your restricted newbie posts (10 per day).....

If there is any publications you would like to obtain .... I will share them if I have them!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome braveheart! I wish you all the best getting through to your family. It's a tough job as you found out when you tried to show them information. I did the same and what a shock! Mind control at its best. I'm trying the 'under the radar' approach. Reading up on mind control with the books suggested above is a good idea.

Take good care!

Hadit

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Nice to see ya Hadit. You have a PM...

I find it interesting that you asked me about dealing with family, braveheart. All I can say is to keep your mouth shut when it comes to things religious. My worries stem from the fact that a typical JW congregation is a nest of rats and spies. If you haven't been baptized you have relatively little to worry about. But if you're baptized, you have almost everything to fear for. I'm readying myself for that possibility.

As a newb, you've just realized that you only have 10 posts in a day. Use them wisely. If you keep doing your thing here regularly, you'll see the total jump to 100 after a while. Also feel free to use the edit function. It's the little pencil thing next to everyone's posts. Have fun and see ya in 24.

V665

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. Hey, at least if anyone in your family does wake up, they'll know to go to you for support in leaving.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Welcome Braveheart,

Your story of trying to present info to JW's is only something I have seen from the JW perspective and I would certainly not have accepted any of your evidence to read. No matter what you said, no matter how cleverly you presented it I would have politely refused and walked away (although secretly though about it later).

No-one could ever have reasoned with me because I didn't think logically. Thankfully there have been many more scandals, cover-ups, ex-members showing the flaws, recent prophecy changes/failures and bad policies that make exposing the WTS for what it is so much easier.

Good luck and sorry you have had the WTS affect your life even though you were never in it!

MMXIV

• funnyface
    funnyface

are there any...."thankyou gramma, we love you" ??

NO!!!!Braveheart NO love at all.....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Braveheart.

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello braveheart, i'm quite new here too, & manage to put my foot in it a bit.

to quote you

"Hello Palm...calling someone out...what's that mean?"

yes, can someone explain what this phrase means?

i'm not being thick or clever--i just don't know

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Welcome Braveheart! The book list that Mad Sweeney put up is definitely a good place to start.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit