Hello JWN...excited to be a new member!

by braveheart 40 Replies latest jw friends

• braveheart
    braveheart

I stumbled on to this forum about a month ago...and I'm hooked!!

A tremendous amount of knowledge, wisdom, great debate, and LOL humor, which is good for the soul.

I am not a Jw, but the BORG infected my family years ago, many are still trapped, and I have 2 big shot elders.

I became a HUGE opposer/apostate and had many a battle. Today we have learned to live in peace...live and let live.

Recently, I decided to get up to date with everything JW... I often wonder why my family can't see or figure out the REAL TRUTH.

So many of you on JWN give me great hope. Thank you all.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Recently, I decided to get up to date with everything JW... I often wonder why my family can't see or figure out the REAL TRUTH.

Welcome to the forum!

They can't see the real truth because they don't want to see it. It takes a great deal of emotional foritude for ANY of us to admit when we are wrong. A JW addmitting he/she is wrong rocks their very foundation and will alter their perception of reality!

Some just want an answer that halfway makes sense, they are not interested in searching for truth...

Because sometimes we can't handle the truth.

-Sab

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome Braveheart!, the reason they cant see it, is because they arent allowed to see it. They are kept so busy in theocratic activities that they dont have time for much else. A "good, little witness" has to avoid internet sites or literature that is critical of the watchtower, so, often , they dont see opposing views. The are told that those who leave the jws are evil apostates and liars, so they dont listen to us. They may , however, listen to you, as you have never been one.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Excellent! Welcome.

Think About It

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hello, from Palm

The first thing you should do is start a thread calling someone else out....that pretty much guarantees you'll be here a long time.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome braveheart!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Glad you're here! :)

• flipper
    flipper

BRAVEHEART- Welcome to the board friend ! Nice to have you here. I'm sorry your family is trapped in the cult - however if you have a semblance of peace and agree to disagree- perhaps it will work out for you. Please know you are among friends. Look forward to hearing more from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• braveheart
    braveheart

Thank you LWT

Thanks SAB & Littlebird...I get your points.

Hey thinkaboutit, thanks for the beer, I need one.

Hello Palm...calling someone out...what's that mean?

Chalam Steve, your posts bless me often.

Leolaia...wow...my brush with celebrity...thank you.

Flipper, thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit