Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired....

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

All Jehovah's Witnesses are mentally impaired.

I was for 58 years, not in the sense of deficient in intelligence or brain ability, but your mental skills are impaired by the Cult, you are not allowed to use normal critical thinking skills, and everything from the information you digest to the emotions you are allowed to feel and express is controlled by the WT Cult.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    and even the one witless that was busted in July 2009 after killing and eating a baby! I don't know of any mentally sound person, not in a dire emergency situation, that would stoop to killing and eating a baby.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! I never heard that story!

10seconds on google, I found the story: http://www.seattlepi.com/national/408515_baby28.html?source=mypi

the best is: "use your vacation to go somewhere, where the need is great !!!" we have one mentally ill couple, who seriously considered doing this !

Hahaha ... yes I have seen these types of people plan their vacation to go witnessing in an area of 'need'. What absolute morons!!!! I can say that I was never that indoctrinated. One couple that I know did this are mentally ill to the max! (well the husband is, poor wife follows him like a lost puppy) Another drongo that I know did this by himself, young guy too, what a NEEEEEERD!

Man it's great to be free from them all.

3Mozzies

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

In my childhood cong, we had a bro who obviously had problems. I think he was autistic, but back then it wasn’t properly diagnosed. He was a savant – he could due complicated calculations in his head in seconds.

Apart from being unable to hold a normal conversation, not even to talk in proper sentences, he never washed. He auxillary pioneered, and walked all over town to do his return visits. And he loved gardening, so he always had dirt under his fingernails. It got to the point that the elders had to have a talk with him.

He was probably the most extreme example. There were others who had various types of mental illness but I don’t know if the number of them was higher than the population average.

• Podobear
    Podobear

Odd thread really... Of course SOME Witnesses are Mentally Ill or Mentally Impaired... Is that not true in every sub-set of humanity?

I am not convinced of this "Cult" label either. Again, SOME in JW congregations want everything spelt out for them, they want a book or rules and regulations. In many respects this is a stereo typing of a Catholic spin-off.

Maybe the Odd-Bods are the true geniuses! It is said that Sanity and Insanity are very closely aligned.

I associated with VERY intelligent and highly qualified JW's.. A City Banker of Note, An Anaesthetist, 3 General Practitioners and members of one of the richest families in France. Equally I knew some wonderful, very humble and very poor people who were Diamond characters. I also grew up with (now an Elder) who is listed in the Guiness Book of Records with a very eccentric accomplishment.... at almost 50, still living with his Mum.. he is totally off the wall eccentric. Do I classify that as Mentally Impaired.. ? Don't know.

Podo

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Taking note of the ingrained social psychology of JW apologetics that come here fighting for their religion ( AIW, MadJw, Reniaa )its easy to see the rationalization of matters are void of sound reasoning.Even when you present something that has strong logic they shun it or dismiss it if goes against Watchtower think.They have really been indoctrinated by acts of coiroern and provocative fear, which reveals a true and unhealthy mental imbalance, a comparative resemblance to the fear, ignorance and superstitions of past ancient civilizations .

This is something that disturbs me. All the JW apologetics that post here have serious mental problems. Alice In Wonderland was truly a nut, in the worst way too. She was nuts. She had different personas(Confearacy) on here, and an unhealthy obsession with dark alchemist or witchlike art. She only communicated by copying and pasting. Her posts reminded me of a serial killer who leaves clues for the cops by pasting different sentences from different articles on a blank sheet of paper.

MadJW is another one who is obviously not right in the head. I knew a White Supremacist who has Aspergers. He'd actually talk with me, even though he knew I was aware of his views. We actually got along and he was very respectful of me. As time went on, it was quite apparent to me that his idealogy was more the result of his illness, than anything else. Somewhere down the line he developed an fixation on white supremacy. His parents are well to do people and from what I understand his father did everything he reasonably could to help his son. I remember him being the type of guy who really needed attention, but really immature in how he'd go about seeking it, but again you could tell something wasn't quite right upstairs. Everytime MADJW posts, it reminds me of this guy. MadJW is messed up in the head, and its obvious. When I think of MadJW, I picture someone very lonely, who's best years at finding a companion are long behind him. I picture someone with only a couple people that he considers friends, even though those couple people don't view him with the same fondness. He's the type of person who if you know him and see him coming down the street, you cross the street and pray he didn't see you. Sorta like Ned from Groundhog Day.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I have been struggling with this for a long time now. I thought it was me and that I was the crazy one because none of it made sense. Now I am truly starting to wonder. I was talking with my girlfriend and she told me her grandmother was mentally ill but at least she raised her mother as a JW now she and her sisters have the "truth". Her dad's side of the family had someone crazy become a JW. So there you go. My parents were mentally ill I know for sure, my husbands mom was nuts and she raised him to believe that this was the true religion.

I think for my husband and I we grew up in such crazy homes that the "truth" seemed wonderful compared to what was happening at home, so we took to it even with all the craziness of the religion it was better then home and made more sense. It takes so long to see beyond what we went through as kids.

I just feel like I have wasted my life.

I would try to talk to others about the strange things that were happening and they shut me down, I felt lower then scum and I shut up. I wish I could have spoken up but I felt no one cared.

LITS

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Apart from the Alpha Males in charge whom we view as wierd and unbalanced.....some of the nicest, most loving Witnesses that I remember fondly were the ones that were definitely eccentric, mentally challenged or downright nuts .

The acceptance of this common situation was shown when a "sister" once revisited from her new cong. that was in a smart & expensive area inhabited by business types. In a hushed voice she told me how good it was "and guess what? There are no 'funny ones' up there'" she said

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I don't know if per capita, there are more strange ducks in the Organization than one would find anywhere else. I had always put the various oddities I noticed over the years, down to the fact that Witnesses tend to know eachother pretty well and are sort of thrown together into a group that is made up of whoever happens to live in that territory. They see eachother on a regular basis, so the oddities reveal themselves over time. And the thing I noticed was the nutty ones were always the ones who made a issue out of everything when dealing with the local school system, and they were the ones you hoped wouldn't announce that they were JW's in front of people who knew you were also one. There were some real nut jobs,in Bethel as well and I couldn't imagine what was going on at the Congregation level that made it possible for them to be recommended for Bethel service let alone go door to door as representitives of God's Organization. It did at times make me wonder about my own sanity, as I was in the same group and believed the same things as these imbalanced ones did.

• funnyface
    funnyface

I was!!! I am !!! I will alway be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit