Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired....

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

and that's why they are in the religion?

I recall many JWs over the years who were what I'll call "weird"---and looking back at it, many Witnesses are "odd" and "different".

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Been doing some self-analysis again have you, little red spot????

LOL.

- Wing Commander

• minimus
    minimus

cute, wc, cute

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It goes without saying that there are a tone of nuts amongst JWs. I don't know if its a higher percentage than whats found in churches, but its bad enough. In my congregation, the Service Committee just gave the ok for one our nuts to auxilliary pioneer. When the chairman made the announcement, he started to crack up. He really had to fight the urge not to laugh on the stage. We've got a good handful with serious mental problems, and probably the majority of the congregation is either going through depression, or has been at one time or another.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

I have to say I have sometimes wondered this. I suppose the way I would describe it is that they have all their buttons but some are undone.

They are probably more vulnerable and more susceptible to the talk of having their heart's desire in the New World.

However, maybe for this kind of person the KH is not a bad place to be because on the plus side they are told what to do which they probably need, they may not be as sensitive to all the politics that go on in the Organisation and therefore not upset by as much. Furthermore, maybe they wouldn't otherwise go out and they are probably given lifts to the assemblies and so forth.

Perhaps they are not the best people to go out in FS though.

OR

Perhaps belonging the JWs has made them this way. I must admit if I had spent any longer going to those meetings and trying to please everyone I would begin to shut off to the world.

Not sure, interested to hear other's thoughts.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I've noticed that, too. Either the WTS made them that way, or they already had a propensity for it regardless.

When I left the WTS, my depression ended and the big journey of discovery of what the world was REALLY about began.

Still on that looooong journey, but happily mentally and emotionally healthy.

Maybe I lucked out. Maybe staying in for a long time makes it more permanent for some.

Got out after being born in and stuck in for 37 years. Been out since 2005.

I honestly think that the WTS socially retards people, not allowing them to question anything so they aren't able to keep their thinking and reasoning skills as sharp as they should be.

I feel as dull as a door nail in some social situations as I don't get jokes or understand much of what's going on.

Must stay on top of everything to get a clue, and then having that independent thinking years behind what it should be is a real inconvenience.

But, with the help and support of this forum and being able to talk things through, I'm able to make sense of the world around me, one situation at a time.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

White Dove - I've been reading a couple books that have been helping me open my eyes. Mistakes Were Made (but not by me) and The Untethered Soul. Great books on the human mind and psychology. Mistakes Were Made goes into Cognitive Dissonance and Self-Justification, great read so far! I highly recommend them White Dove.

Back on topic, the WTBTS promotes mental retardation. They block critical thinking skills, they promote NOT going to college, no independant thinking, no going outside of what they print to research practically anything.

• minimus
    minimus

There are some nutty Witnesses!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Well, I accepted a bible study to learn more about the bible,

In general I am the type of person who looks at the glass as half full, but before I stoped attending the meetings,

I was seeing the glass as half empty, and life as we now know it is meaningless unless your working toward the new system.

How depressing, If I had of stayed, I would have been on pills for sure.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The nuts don't scare me, the fanatics do. Well, they don't scare me either, but there are a lot of them. In fact, I would say the extremists, JW Jihad... WTBTS Elite Special Terrorist ForcesĀ©. lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit