Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired....

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You can't but feel bad for some JWs who are depressed and have no idea why! Then they leave and SUDDENLY feel better! Go figure!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    You can't but feel bad for some JWs who are depressed and have no idea why! Then they leave and SUDDENLY feel better! Go figure!

They escaped from the Can-dom Hall

http://4mrpeanut.com/porc3.gif

...................... ...OUTLAW

• scarredforlife
    scarredforlife

I think all people that get sucked into a cult are suffering from a mental illness of sorts. It can be cured but many times it's very painful as many of us can testify.

• minimus
    minimus

i wouldn't say we were all mentally ill.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I can remember so many times when I would look around the congregation and think to myself that I was only a child, but why did I seem like the only one to realize that so many in the hall weren't just kind of odd but seriously not right in the head. It wasn't just your average publisher, either, it was the PO, and a few elder's wives, a prominent pioneer or two, and ALL of those who declared themselves anointed. And then I got older and left and found a job in the local pharmacy, and realized how many of those people were on anti psychotic meds, and felt justified.

• minimus
    minimus

The religion attracts these types methinks.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,the religion does attract some strange ones. But, it also encourages fanatical behavior. It makes everything that could enrich one's life out to be bad. And for the hardcores, their life, is meetings, service, study,even their conversations center around it.

I know one old school elder who looks down on the ones that go out to the movies and who enjoy ball games. Talk about not being balanced. That alone will drive a person crazy or at the very least to be depressed, or repressed more like it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Re: Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired...

Taking note of the ingrained social psychology of JW apologetics that come here fighting for their religion ( AIW, MadJw, Reniaa )

its easy to see the rationalization of matters are void of sound reasoning.

Even when you present something that has strong logic they shun it or dismiss it if goes against Watchtower think.

They have really been indoctrinated by acts of coiroern and provocative fear, which reveals

a true and unhealthy mental imbalance, a comparative resemblance to the fear, ignorance and superstitions of

past ancient civilizations .

• minimus
    minimus

The average "good" JW can't see the obvious about ALL of their many errors.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired...."

Yes.... Of course. The Witnesses tend to target people who are 'struggling', which would include a greater proportion of people with mental and emotional issues.

This also is a self-defeating proselytising plan, as has been pointed out frequently by people on this board. The Watchtower Society's given itself a financial double-whammy - by converting people with low incomes, and discouraging people with normal abilities and potential - and extraordinary abilities and potentials, too - from developing and improving their financial futures.

The Watchtower Society is like an extremely jealous, grasping and controlling, overprotective parent... Perhaps it's quite fitting that they've started calling themselves "Mother"...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit