Do You Think Some Witnesses Are Mentally Ill Or Mentally Impaired....

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The Watchtower Society is like an extremely jealous, grasping and controlling, overprotective parent...

Good point and I like to add totally self redeeming to just the potentiality of the organization itself and its hierarchical leaders.

There is no humanitarianism down at the Kingdom Hall .

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I WAS depressed and thought, and was told, by my EX that i was bipolar.... funny thing is since I left, becides PMS I'm extreamlly happy and don't feel any mental problems!

• flipper
    flipper

All Jehovah's Witnesses are mentally impaired to some extent. Some greater than others. They are ALL under the influence of cult mind control

• White Dove
    White Dove

How about those of us who were born-in? We had no choice. It never attracted me, either. I always felt pulled two ways. Took a lot to leave, though.

• WalkTall
    WalkTall

The way I see it is that there are many, whether born in or came in later, who know something is wrong, but can't or won't accept, for whatever reason, that they are victims of a fraud, so continue on. But, I think that under the right circumstances, they would take a hike. Then there are those who take everything in the religion way too seriously. They worship this organization and the GB without doubt and would never even consider for a second that it might not be God's channel. They are the kool aid people and are also, not so coincidentally, the ones who display the most mental and emotional impairments. I have seen this scenario many times: the more unflinching devotion to the organization, the more mentally unstable the person is.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "They worship this organization and the GB without doubt and would never even consider for a second that it might not be God's channel. They are the kool aid people [ ] and are also, not so coincidentally, the ones who display the most mental and emotional impairments. I have seen this scenario many times: the more unflinching devotion to the organization, the more mentally unstable the person is. ..."

Excellent points, WalkTall. I suspect that the more limited their options, the more they cling to that fantasy of a perfect world where everyone will be perfect and never die, because that fantasy is far more pleasurable - more mentally bearable - than their present reality.

To take that away from them - to truly strip it away and awaken them to their harsh reality - would be more than many of them could handle, on an emotional and mental level...

Zid

• I quit!
    I quit!

I believe most JWs do have mental problems but the question is: Which came first the chicken or the egg? Does the Watchtower attract mentally unstable people or does it create them? I think it is a little of both.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For sure, the witlesses are full of "mentally ill" people. They are recruiting from prisons and mental institutions, and that's where a significant part of this problem comes from. Plus, the doctrine is conducive to mental problems--just look at the "Take Refuge Refuse in Jehovah" Big Boasting Session. Everything in the world is demonized, and they are making children afraid that, unless they conform to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger in everything, they will die "any time now".

Some symptoms: Depression not associated with specific losses. This is caused by deprivation from the religion itself. The witlesses have little or nothing to look forward to. They celebrate nothing, aside their REJECT Jesus Party and the a$$emblies. Crap jobs are preached--anyone with a good job is "materialistic". They just about ban entertainment, so the boasting sessions become the "brightest" spot in their lives by default.

And, what about the pedophiles within the congregations? And, I would say that a fair percentage of those pedophiles do it because they get their kicks out of ruining children's lives. Anyone that actually gets their kicks out of ruining others' lives is "mentally ill or impaired"--and that's the "nice" term. (The not-nice term is "scumbags, slimeballs, and pigs", and these people deserve those labels.) Not to mention the ones that kill their children because they cannot find a damn coat quickly enough, kidnap worldly children and enslave the resulting children, and even the one witless that was busted in July 2009 after killing and eating a baby! I don't know of any mentally sound person, not in a dire emergency situation, that would stoop to killing and eating a baby.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Fat Bastard.

I used to salivate every year and every assembly time to go out of town on those "vacations." We did NOTHING ELSE. You hit it bang on, WTWizard.

• inbetween
    inbetween

the best is: "use your vacation to go somehwere, where the need is great !!!"

we have one mentally ill couple, who seriously considered doing this !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit