Update on my JC hearing...received the expected news

by SweetBabyCheezits 51 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well Done. Enjoy the wedding.

• bohm
    bohm

As long as my wife and I are together and raising the kids with similar objectives and values, that's what matters most. I think there's an excellent future to be had for my children, I just wish their grandparents could be part of it.

I found this part very touching. Even though the WT didnt manage to tear you and your wife apart from each other, it still managed to split your family and your children are (also) the ones to suffer :-(.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They stop reading, or turn their brain off after the first Apostate statement, so if you are going to try, pick ONE.

Make it a good one.

A question is better than a statement. It is too easy to just dismiss a statement as being apostate.

Make a teensy error, and you have wasted your effort.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I wish you the best and hope you can make the wedding. From all the stories I read you are lucky to still have your family in tact.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Good points, Black Sheep.

Every time I hear someone is being disfellowshipped I get jealous. I think my authentic personality is trying to tell me something.

Congratulations, SBC!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Welcome to the club! The freedom afterward feels awesome!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please hang in there and keep your chin up. The immediate aftermath of the announcement can be an emotinoal roller coaster. Also, your first experiences with shunning can be a real bummer. With time, however, things will get better.

• recovering
    recovering

Be very careful with leaving your apeal till the last second the eldes have been known in the past to delay the paperwork so that the time limit is up. send your apeal certified mail return reciept requested next daay mail. make sure you send opies to both the elders and your branch office. You might also want to consider putting some kind of threat about legal action . That will slow he process down.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thank you guys for the suggestions and words of encouragement. Your collective experience and advice are invaluable.

Here's to freedom of thought without fear of consequence! We're looking forward to the future.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    IMHO, keep it concise. Just list a handful of big reasons why you can no longer be a JW rather than a multi page diatribe against the WT.
    Sure, the later might feel better but it is less likely to get read or well received compared to a five point bulleted list of major failings of the borg.

Short and sweet with bullet points may catch more attention than a full-page 'manifesto' or even memo. Bullet points sort of jump off that page and, if concisely worded, can sear the readers conscious and sub-conscious. For those that want to know more, have a link cited to where they can read the full memo/manifesto.

Just a suggestion.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit