GB says NO SPORTS for JWs??!!WHAT??HUh?!!

by plmkrzy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I had to give up all sports when my family joined the JW religion. It was the worst time in my life. I got so depressed. I had been playing basketball from the time I was 5 until I was 13 and then the expected me to quit. I was good. I was suppose to stop volleyball and softball too. My basketball coached begged me to come back to the team. She knew I had potential. I think of the schools I could of gone to and the fun I could have had and how much better shape I would be in if they did not make me quit. I wish I would have stood up to them. That is one of the biggest regrets of my life. It was a huge part of my identity that I gave up....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Angel:

Baah! Where's your sense of adventure?

Expatbrit

• Eric
    Eric

Nytelecom1,

You've 'shredded' Vermont? Vermont? The article in the Awake! magazine warned against "thrill sports", so I'd say you've yet to cross any imaginary line the GB may put up for christians. Har!

I grew up a JW in the Rockie Mountains of British Columbia. (My parents went to serve where the need was great). I've skiied Marmot Basin when my parents dropped me off, and I've skiied there on school trips when I went on a bus cheek-to-cheek (sometimes literally, but Mom and Dad never found out) with those terrible 'worldies'.

I also skiied Sunshine and Lake Louise on mixed single JW weekend trips. We arrived with the sexes in different vehicles, booked the sexes into separate rooms, bought enough alchohol for our chaperone to get totally sick stinking pissed on and then the party ensued.

I'll reserve comment on your "skiing is for fags" comment. I mean, you did go of to "the park" with "your brothers". When you figure out what a ski weekend is all about, shout back, K?

Eric

• badwillie
    badwillie

I was a 3 time little league all star.
    I played centerfield and 3rd base (pitched a little too). My mom got the "truth when I was 9-10 years old.
    My JW mom pressured me all the time, so I gave up all sports at age 13-14. I had a lot of potential (at least I like to think I did).
    When I was in my junior/senior year in High School I was known to have a better arm than the starting varsity quarterback, he was in my gym class and when we played football I was the designated QB. I definitely got ripped off!!

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

ok, ok, just wait till you see what I send [you]!

he he

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Badwillie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to give up Little League. I'm so glad I left the Borg before my sons were born. I put my youngest in baseball at age 5 and he played until he was 14. I was team mom and scorekeeper most years.

I think it's a damn shame that JW kids are robbed of this great opportunity to learn about teamwork and gain self-esteem through sports. It is also a great way for parents to bond with their kids.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

These posts are great, pretty funny stuff
    thanks for all the replies peoples

WonderWoman and badwilli That just SOOooo sucks. I'm sorry you gave up so much
    I'm pretty sure that some of Abraham's seeds were pretty athletic and they participated in more dangerous sports than basketball and football.
    Eric naughty naughty naughty naughty naughty

Idaho I was reading bits and pieces of the history of Of the Olympics
    not to long ago in either the Isiah book or the Daniels prof book. knowing more about the orig Olym. made watching them on opening day more interesting. Back then the Olymps was a form of worship, really BIG worship. Oh and golf can be a dangerous sport, did yoy see "Blind Date"?

freeman Wild animal attack ha ha ha ha

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Check out Sister Rossetta's Skateboarding is a SIN!:

http://www.rossetta.com/skatebrd.htm

The scripture references are great, too:

Ezekiel 1:16-22
    The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

Ezekiel describes the rudimentary elements of the skateboard. Naturally, such sinful conveyances didn't exist in his day, so he could only use the words of his generation. It sounds like four wheels on a skateboard to Sister Rossetta!

1:17
    When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

Skateboarding juvenile deliquents, taking over the sidewalks and the streets, paying no heed to the havoc they wreak!

1:18
    As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

Ezekiel saw today's skateboarders wearing Nose rings, Earrings, Pierced navels, nipples and genitalia. All of them are high on drugs! Some of them are wearing dreadlocks!

1:19
    And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

Those youngsters won't go anywhere without their skateboards. When Ezekiel says they were "lifted up," he can only be describing skateboard air-borne manuevers.

Ginny

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

NYTele just went up to #1 in my book for helping us show "worldlies" why they should stear clear of JWs. I swear, he must really be an apostate. We couldn't do a better job ourselves! Dang, he's even better than Fred Hall.

ride with a non -witness??..never...i would never
    be within 5 feet of a worldly.........your weak
    attempts at "getting" me are sad indeed
    PRICELESS
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Ginny
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    just cruzin by and read you last reply
    Now every time I cross the path of a skaye boarder
    i'm going to pitcure this in my mind and chuckle.

Bluesapphire
    I have come to the conclusion that NYTele must be
    about 14 years old and when his mom dad found out
    where he's been habgin' out he'l be in big trouble.
    plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit