GB says NO SPORTS for JWs??!!WHAT??HUh?!!

by plmkrzy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AMarie
    AMarie

Although the counsel not to get involved in certain sports is listed in the awake magazine, I think it is up to a person's conscience (to a degree).

I knew many JWs that went Whitewater Rafting and scubadiving and nothing was said to them. I also know of a Witness who allows her daughter to play on the school's basketball team. I think it depends on the strictness of the congregation whether a stink is made about it or not.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Angel:

Saucy girl. Soccer is far more important than sex, however.

Personally I find chess extremely erotic. All that mating. Yum.

Btw...thank you for the treats, they were wonderful! On my next trip (Morocco hopefully), I'll send you something. A camel perhaps. Anything for a "gourmet" treat!

Expatbrit

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

plm said:

But WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE GOVERNING BODY?
    YOUR calling me a joke? I DIDN"T MAKE UP THAT STUPID RULE!

NYtelecom1 responding:
    [quote]and neither did the gb.....booohahah[quote]

No wonder why people are leaving the organization based on what nytelecom sez and no wonder why outsiders like me don't have interest in becoming a JW because of responses that nytelecom give.

BTW nytelecom, your response is really contradictory. If the gb didn't make that rule, then who did? the congregation elders? the DO's? the CO's? It certainly didn't come from outsiders like me and it certainly didn't come the xJWs.

Can you tell me who made up that rule, nytelecom?

Ajax

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

A Camel?

The kids will love it.
    merci

Anne

• Room 215
  • Room 215
    Room 215

Telecom,

What a great poster boy for the organization; better stop while you're ahead... you're driving the lurkers over the edge into the Devil's camp in droves!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Speaking of sports, the WTBTS made a vid where a couple of old friends were in it playing volleyball for a split second. They were required to wear khaki's, because of course, jeans and shorts are immoral. The girls had to wear ankle length dresses! Playing a sport. Not like any of the Witty social functions I attended!!! LOLOLOL

Too funny.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    BTW nytelecom, your response is really contradictory. If the gb didn't make that rule, then who did? the congregation elders? the DO's? the CO's? It certainly didn't come from outsiders like me and it certainly didn't come the xJWs

really?? and where is this rule you speak of??...please show me..

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

Ashitaka said:

The girls had to wear ankle length dresses! Playing a sport.

Is that for real? I wonder if they can wear sweatpants instead (those are ankle length).

For an outsider like me, the weird rules of the WTS never cease to amaze me.

Ajax

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

AjaxMan
    I didn't see it for myself in writing except for
    the artical in one of the Watch Towers But,
    the sister who informed me of this said that it
    came DIRECTLY from the "GOVERNING BODY OF ELDERS"
    and all the other sisters in the area were in
    complete agreement with that.
    I have been studying martial arts for going on
    my ninth year now and I was told that I would
    YES have to stop before I could be baptized.
    But at that time I was under the impression
    it was because of the "spritual", xcuse me,Karma
    that surrounded it.
    Then when the parasailing thing came up, well WoW
    I know of some JWs who are very actively involved
    in sports still but honestly I thought it was
    because they had celeb status so they got more leway

plm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit