GB says NO SPORTS for JWs??!!WHAT??HUh?!!

by plmkrzy 49 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks Everyone For your replies
    More Info Then I expected.

I KNEW I DIDN"T DREAM THAT.
    LOL plm

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

you fool LB...no wonder you are out..no balance..fitting a mold that isnt there
    i know of at least 6 current elders who scubadive and
    have been doing it for years.

yes......it is all adding up nicely

• freeman
    freeman

As you see, the Watch Tower has many rules, some you don’t learn about until it’s too late. But if you are lucky, smart, and pay attention it could save you a life of anguish.

Here is a true story:

I had one and only one Bible study during my time as an active Borg member, worked hard to get him too. My study was in high school and on the wrestling team, pretty good too. He missed a few studies and one of the times that he missed one became known to a MS friend. This MS more or less said, my study had to make a choice between Jehovah or wrestling. In my opinion, this guy was way over reacting but he was a MS and I was a just a pee-on publisher.

We confronted my study the next time we saw him and the MS said he had to make a decision. I got a call a few days latter from my study and he said he didn’t wish to study right now, but maybe sometime in the future when things settled down. Things never settled down and he went on to lead a NORMAL life.

Yes my study was smart enough to determine on his own that the rules being placed on him were not in his best interest. Thank God he had this insight! Now if only his dumb-ass study conductor (me) had the same insight when he was first studying and was told “the brothers don’t wear beards, so you will have to shave it off before you are baptized”.

Freeman

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1
    But WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE GOVERNING BODY?
    YOUR calling me a joke? I DIDN"T MAKE UP THAT STUPID RULE!

and neither did the gb.....booohahah

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I think this is one of the few areas that the society would like to control, but simply can't, much to their frustration.

They are limited to the usual negative innuendo techniques, as in the article Ginny quoted, but they realise that going too hardline will expose their ridiculous control agenda.

Individual elders, depending on their own levels of fanaticism and desire for control, can attempt to control this. In my experience, it just doesn't work. Plus most of the elders I've known were just as much into sports as the rest of us.

Control sex-lives and medical treatments, that's OK. Try it with important stuff like soccer at your own risk!

Expatbrit

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

nytel-

What is a "not witness?" Is this a worldly?! Do you imply you are riding a lift with someone other than a publisher in good standing?

And how would this get you to the top quicker?

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

nytel-

I get it-

Your writing about SEX and I am writing about skiing. You sick bastard. Go crawl back in your hole and read a Watchtower!

• Pierced Angel
    Pierced Angel

Hey Expat-

My sex life is more important to me than any sport.

Come to think of it, it sometimes can be considered a dangerous sport when done right with the hubby, right?

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

one gets to the top quicker by going in the singles line...

welcome to slopes 101

ride with a non -witness??..never...i would never
    be within 5 feet of a worldly.........your weak
    attempts at "getting" me are sad indeed

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

freeman
    I just happened to come up at the time we were finishing
    one of the new little paperbacks, Daniels Prof" maybe
    I was also the time to begin pressureing me to get baptized
    or or or or
    I chose to or