can anyone tell me if these words are in the bible?

by bigmac 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

i'm hoping to get clarity on a few points, but please, don't think i'm too lazy to do my own research: i do not have a bible in my house.

or the Koran

or the book of mormon

or a copy of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (unfortunately )

OK here goes

Where in the bible does it mention " the kingdom hall"

or the actual phrase " jehovah's witness"

how about "theocratic minstry school"

just for starters

• cantleave
    cantleave

Isaiah says "you are my witnesses" all the others are just Watchtower constructs.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I think Psalms 83:18 says, "You are my witnesses, says Jehovah, my servant even whom I have chosen" and that's where they get that phrase from.

If I got that quote wrong, well, it has been about six years!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ps 83 says "and the nation shall know that you whose name is Jehovah blah blah blah"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy mentions that on earth, "Jehovah's Witnesses call their church a Kingdom Hall. Nobody knows why, but they are offended if you call it a church."

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey BM - 8pm tonight on exjw?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

lol. It's been six freakin years! Massive fail. Maybe I should go back to remedial ministry school?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Anywhere there is some scripture somewhere that says the quote I gave and that's what they base the name on. Help me out here OTWO. You used to be an elder or something didn't ya?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

CD, I am sure you already got it right. I don't do WT-Library or the Bible anymore. Hitchhiker's Guide, that I do.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It is in Isaiah 43: 10 - 12 cog!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit