What silly things have you been counselled on or simply been told off for?

by 3Mozzies 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

taking my 12 year old son to see "star wars, revenge of the sith

Are you sure it wasn't because they discussed Darth Plaugeis in that movie!!! LOL

• wiser
    wiser

The scriptures do tell us to dress modestly, but alot of this information is unreal! In many churches some older folks come wearing clean overalls. This is all they have. God looks at the inside of a person not the outside.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Wow 3Mozzies, that was a crazy story! You getting screamed at for wearing the wrong kind of pants and an elder snooping through your friends music collection. What bitches they both were...

I once signed on to a certain website for JW's and I made the mistake of posting my picture on the profile. A couple of weeks later an elder pulls me aside and says that it was brought to his attention that I was on there and that I had to remove my profile or I'd be removed from congregational priveleges. WTF? Why the hell would someone be lurking there and then feel the need to rat me out? Didn't it occur to them that they'd be incriminating themselves? (Forgive me father for I have sinned?) Maybe it was that elder who was lurking around himself. *harumph*

V665

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I didn't get a *harumph* from you LOL

blazing saddles

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Thanks guys/girls funny stuff, love these stories . . . keep them coming

Coloured shirts on stage, yep sounds like most of us had that issue.

Well I had my very own 'Nazi Elder' in my congregation too, he would stop any of us brothers from giving talks with coloured shirts. This man made his own rules, then we got our new CO and he wore coloured shirts. Well well well ... what did 'Nazi Elder' do about this? He now started to wear coloured shirts himself. Stupid pig

3mozzies

• Cook My Socks UK
    Cook My Socks UK

Patent leather shoes on the min(fashion quite a few years ago).

Told not to ware them again!

• xchange
    xchange

So what silly things have you been counselled on or simply been told off for?

Not to smoke pot in the park across the Kingdom Hall before the meeting. I was 15. At the time I thought it was silly. I might have been stoned though when they talked to me.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Wearing suede boots on the platform.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

counselled for encourage pioneering too much.............This guy had three kids and none pione

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    ... I got "council" on taking my 12 year old son to see "star wars, (revenge of the sith) because, i'm not making this up, it was rated PG 13.

That reminds me:

An elder in my cousins congregation brought up the point (from the platform) that we should not watch 'Star Wars' because it had 'spirits' in it. At the end of Return of the Jedi, you see 3 people that had died and were alive as spirits! (he was obviously talking about Obi-wan Vader and Yoda, see picture below )

Next time my cousin saw me, she said that we should not watch Start Wars because of what she heard from her Elder.

3Mozzies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit