What silly things have you been counselled on or simply been told off for?

by 3Mozzies 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• White Dove
    White Dove

The deal breaker for me that caused me to miss my first meeting on purpose and never attend another was when I was beginning to teach others in the congregation ASL so they could relieve the one interpreter we had.

I was a regular attendee and she was visibly worn out.

The PO said in a text message: WE ARE NOT GOING TO NOR ARE WE PLANNING TO ESTABLISH A SIGN LANGUAGE GROUP HERE, SO WE WILL NOT BE ASKING OTHERS TO LEARN SIGN LANGUAGE.

That did it. I did not attend another meeting after that.

The one interpreter didn't have much more support from them, either. We were very frustrated that we had to clear and ask for every little thing through and from them, but they were not willing to lift a finger in support.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

At Starbucks I bought a bag of "Whole Bean Christmas Coffee" (while out in service)

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

You are welcome Coffee House Girl!!! So I guess continued thanks are in order for you now....

Another scandal that I was not involved in but was still funny was weather or not to wear cowboy boots and the bigger broo-ha-ha was weather or not to wear them on stage!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Having a large gathering at my home---8 people for dinner

I pointed out to this elder that he had had a larger party---30 people, he said that was different because I was single and he had a large family....I come from 5th generation jw family with over 100 people. He was such an idiot.

• pirata
    pirata
    I got taken off microphone duty because my hair was....TOO SHORT!!! I also got counselled for wearing white socks while giving a talk on stage. A buddy of mine got counselled for wearing a colored shirt while giving a talk.

You should have been in my hall. A fair number of the brothers, elders and ministerial servants included, had really short hair and wore colored shirts on the platform. I like how regional God's requirements are...

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I like how regional God's requirements are...

This could not be a more true statement. When I went to Bethel I was suprised at how a few guys played football or basketball in high school. What?

• caliber
    caliber

I must say I got away with wearing cowboy boots in a demo.. at an assembly programn... maybe because it was in a western province of Canada.

Some of the man there were thrilled because they were rancher's and were dieing to wear their's to their KH. I honestly just always wore them , but one "brother " afterwards asked me how I got away with it... no issue was ever made !! ha ha ha !!

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

At my wedding reception when the dancing started. Everyone got in a line a did that line dance by holding the hips of the person in front of you.

I was at the bar not dancing.... oh I just turned 20 so I wasn't legal to Drink yet but since I was the Groom the Bartender or the Elders didn't had a problem with that ( even the Elders took me out for Beers at my Bachelor Party at that time I was 19)

Ok back to the dance.

This old Elder who met Jesus I'm sure. Corners me at the Bar and says Darth... ( I think ok he see's my Jack Daniels and Beer I'm in trouble)
    That Dance is very Immoral.... as The Head of the house YOU MUST STOP THIS NOW!!

I go to the Elder who is in charge of music and Told him what Brother Ancient said (this Elder studied with me as a kid haha 20 I'm a man)
    He laughed and looked at me and said. FU*K HIM!
    The dance continued.

There were some cool Elders

• elderelite
    elderelite

LOL @ CHG ... the world is a vampire sent to draaaaiiiinnnnn... (love that song)

I told this one before but I got "council" on taking my 12 year old son to see "star wars, revenge of the sith) because, i'm not making this up, it was rated PG 13.

he got told to MYOB

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

taking my 12 year old son to see "star wars, revenge of the sith

Are you sure it wasn't because they discussed Darth Plaugeis in that movie!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit