LETTER TO ELDERS CONCERNING THE NEW ELDERS BOOK.

by iknowall558 89 Replies latest jw friends

• rocky220
    rocky220

It's moments like this that I know I made the right decision to leave. Damn control freaks!..........rocky220

• wasblind
  • metatron
    metatron

It's letters like this that show clearly how unrealistic and out of touch the Watchtower Society is.

They talk about this nonsense as if confidentiality was all important - or even relevant. This 'secret' material ends up being published on this site and Wikileaks. It's all a joke.

metatron

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Maybe the new book will have margins like this:

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The information is designed for use by the elders only, and other individuals should not have any opportunity to read the information.

I wonder how many books the Apostles had from Jesus that no one else was allowed to read.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Here is a link to the elders letter dated September 16 1991 that needs to be destroyed.

http://jehovah.net.au/elders-letter-16-september-1991.pdf

There is nothing too interesting in it, as it is almost the same as the 2010 letter. Maybe they are just embarrassed at how boringly similiar it is.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I used to wonder what was so special about the pioneer books each one got and wasn't supposed to share. I finally got one when I attended PI school and found that it read very nearly exactly like a Kingdom Ministry. There was nothing special about it, except for the extra wide margins for notes. We were not supposed to allow anyone to see that book, either. I thought it was silly. So, my guess is that the elder book won't be any different than what is already in the literature. They just like to sound important.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    Secret books, secret meetings = secret society
    Wonder if anybody at WTBTS headquarters ever questioned if the early christians had secret books and secret lapel cards for the apostles that the ordinary christians could never see?
    I wonder how many books the Apostles had from Jesus that no one else was allowed to read.

Look at the above quotes.

They all have merit and should cause any JW to stop and think and reason on them.

Especially when at the meetings they are told how the modern congregation is patterned after the first century christian congregation.

Ask any JW to show you in the bible where the early christians had anything that even remotely resembles this Elders only book.

• VM44
    VM44
    The information is designed for use by the elders only, and other individuals should not have any opportunity to read the information.

What is the scriptural justification for having "elders only" books?!!

It appears that the "elders" make up a special class within the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They should decide what to do with those books--keep them secure, or destroy. But I suggest getting a scanner and posting the whole book online before destroying it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit