JW Mom refuses Surgery for her BABY over Blood Transfusion

by Rabbit 51 Replies latest watchtower medical

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I know this young lady she used to attend my hall. And all I can say is WOW as far as I know she is still DF

From what I read on her twitter tweets I did not think she was still a witness. I noticed there were no JW's responding to her message.

But, just because you are DF does not mean you still don't believe the teachings are the truth. I still think this chic is all about some drama instead

of solving problems.

I hope the state intervenes and takes care of this child.

purps

• snowbird
    snowbird

My thinking, too, Purps.

She's probably hoping she'll be welcomed back with open arms for "taking a stand for Jehovah."

Sad, but I've been there.

Syl

• Violia
    Violia

Purps, sly, I agree.

• Scully
    Scully

Nothing like a good old duke-em-out over the blood issue to help a DFd biotch get Reinstated™.

Hopefully her JW relatives will get to see her baby, and the State takes custody before she martyrs it.

• Mary
    Mary
    Later, the blood issue put an end to my JW mom's life. She needed it. She didn't get it. She died.

I know the feeling. It's coming up on the first year anniversary since my brother in law died. In the last few months, some new light (sorry for the wording) has come up regarding what led to his demise and there is no doubt now for any of us that the Society's ban on blood transfusions caused him to deteriorate the way he did.

I'm not sure what the policy is in the States but at least here in Canada, the courts will take the baby and give them the transfusions if required.

I can't help but wonder if the Governing Body were held accountable for 'assisted suicide' each time a JW died because of the blood doctrine, how quickly they'd make the whole thing a 'conscience matter'.

Where's Doubtfully Yours? Shouldn't she be coming on here, defending the WT's stand on blood while claiming that she's never known anyone who's died from not accepting a transfusion?

Maybe she's out in Service.

• Ding
    Ding

This has to be a horrifying situation for a JW parent.

The really sad thing is that the WTS believes a child is better off dead with no transfusion than alive with one.

Has anyone here been looked down on because you had a transfusion as a child, even if you had no choice one way or the other because of your age?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

And, here's another one that bites the dust in - Moscow:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/jehovahs-witness-charged-over-blood-transfusion/418987.html

The Moscow Times

Jehovah’s Witness Charged Over Blood Transfusion

08 October 2010 The Moscow Times

A Jehovah’s Witness member faces a year in prison over her refusal to allow her son to receive a blood transfusion that might have prevented his death in August, Interfax reported Thursday.

Ilya Orlukovich, 11, was hospitalized in Moscow on Aug. 9 after being hit by a car, and he died two weeks later, a spokesman for the city branch of the Investigative Committee told Interfax.

He said the boy’s mother forbade doctors from offering a blood transfusion because of a Jehovah’s Witness teaching that prohibits such operations.

Now the woman, who was unidentified, has been charged with failing to assist a person in danger, the spokesman said.

And there are some comments @ the link.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Her baby's story is online at http://justzayna.wordpress.com/.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Apparently the state is stepping in as she is being threatened with them taking her child.

While I feel sorry for the mom in this situation, I cannot help but to feel grateful that the state is doing something to help the child.

I wonder what I should say to her in this regard.

• garyneal
    garyneal

The child's heart has been fixed.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/justzayna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit