Crap my District Overseer says

by easyreader1970 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

from the mouth of the district overseer

1. The recession isn't going to end. Things are screwed because the demons are controlling the world. Because of this demonic control, worldwide economics are going to get worse before "the end" comes.

http://www.nber.org/cycles/sept2010.html

CAMBRIDGE September 20, 2010 - The Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research met yesterday by conference call. At its meeting, the committee determined that a trough in business activity occurred in the U.S. economy in June 2009. The trough marks the end of the recession that began in December 2007and the beginning of an expansion. The recession lasted 18 months, which makes it the longest of any recession since World War II. Previously the longest postwar recessions were those of 1973-75 and 1981-82, both of which lasted 16 months.
  • Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Sir 82 - your baseball game must have been extremely boring. But I'm really surprised that your congregation actually had a picnic. Do you think there was any immorality?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What they are "forgetting" is that something like this happened before. President Osama Obama is doing all he can to prevent the United Tyranny of America from ever emerging as its former self, with prosperity and liberty that once lived here. And, the longer this monster is in power, the more likely this recessionDEPRESSION will go on until the whole country is swallowed up by the One World Totalitarian Government.

Now, has this happened before? In fact, it did--around 380 AD. That was when the Catholic church did exactly what the Muslim religions are trying now: They seized control of the whole world. The Roman republic was destroyed, and the world was plunged into the First Dark Ages. This lasted until the 1500s, and people were burned at the stake for going against the Establishment. And yet, there was no permanent destruction of this system of things around that time--any more than there will be when Osama Obama hands the keys of this country to the Muslims and the UN. You are looking at the Second Dark Ages, not Armageddon.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

jesus disciples had a specific harvest work then-not in the 21st century.

• boyzone
    boyzone

CoCo - Good observation by Ray Franz, thanks for posting.

So recreation is being dumped on again? I guess the placements are down and there's a backlog in the printery that needs shifting.

• watersprout
    watersprout
    I can't stand people who say "Hi!" to every stranger they meet on trails; there is no "WE"; I don't know you so don't act like you're trying to pal up with me.

I always speak to people i pass. I always view it as polite.... I hate walking past people without a greeting... Don't worry Zidd if ever i see you out walking i will make sure to ignore you! Lol....

Peace and light

• metatron
    metatron

This could be the doorway to sudden collapse of the organization! I had given up all hope of such, thinking that gradual decline was their fate but this may be changing.

This is how you wear out an already weary organization.

This is how you can BREAK Jehovah's Witnesses.

metatron

• VM44
    VM44

What is this thing they now have against HD television?

The HD television's resolution is much better than the old NTSC-analog TV (which only had 480 visible verticle lines!)

Also, most all LCD monitors come with a High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), so if you are using a LCD monitor, you already have HD!

HD not only offers better picture quality, but makes any text displayed easier to read, and reduces eye strain.

What would The Watchtower have everyone do?

Go back to using analog television and Commodore 64s with 80 column character displays?

• VM44
    VM44

Actually, The Watchtower would prefer that everybody go back to NOT using any type of computer!

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

The WTS hates new technology because everytime the world upgrades something, it means they have to spend thousands of dollars upgrading their material. The World invents VCR's, the WTS has to make videos to keep up, the world invents dvd's, mp3, high resolution tv's, and they have to keep up, otherwise none of the younger crowds will touch their stuff. And this costs them $$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit