Why do people profess to be very religious but they do not really live by the bible?

by asilentone 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • mouthy
    mouthy

I dont profess to be religious, I dont live by all the Bible,I DO profess to be a Christian
    though not a very good one. I do read what Jesus said & it sounded good advice to me.
    I try to love my neighbour,I try to do unto others as I wish they would do to me
    I do believe religion causes more problems than anything else ....You have my answer.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall
    I try to love my neighbour,

I tried to LOVE my neighbor and she called the cops on me.

• asilentone
    asilentone

LMAO, maybe you did it too much.

• loosie
    loosie

An ex coworker of mine just got sentenced last week to 25 yrs in prison for molesting his 4 yr old grandaughter. People from his church showed up to the sentencing to support him. AS I remember this guy, he was always right no matter the subject of conversation, very republician and religious. I guess he had to be these things in order to hide what he really was.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The same reason that people profess to be married but do not really live by their marriage vows.

As humans we want it both ways!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Not every religion uses the Bible or a holy book. Wicca doesn't.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not everyone who is religions ascribes to the Bible, dear ASO (peace to you!). For example, Muslims are religious, as are, say, Hindus. The Bible has no appeal for them, however. There are also people who ascribe to the Bible but aren't very religious. And there are people like dear Grace and me... who are not religious... who do not ascribe to the Bible... but who DO believe in God... and His Christ... and just try to do what HE says... some, but not all, of which is recorded in the Bible.

I can't answer for dear Grace, but I have come to know that the Bible merely contains (along with other things) the Law... which is a tutor leading TO Christ. Once one has come to/found the Christ... or been found by him... however, one no longer needs the Law... as written on stone or in the Bible. For one will have the NEW Law written... by Christ... on their hearts.

That is one of the main features OF the New [Law] Covenant, dear one. And a feature that SO many miss. Rather, like Israel who left Egypt and then instead of proving themselves to have it on their hearts (like Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, and so many others before them)... and so forced the Most Holy One of Israel to put it on stone so that they could see it with their EYES so as to be REMINDED of it... rather than FEELING IT IN THEIR HEARTS... these, today, also need to see it... with their eyes... written... "in the Bible." Absolutely NO difference, and certainly none in the eyes of the Most Holy One of Israel. They are STILL a "hard-HEARTED"... so that the Law CAN'T be written there!... people.

What they don't understand is that although they "see"... they really are still "blind."

I bid you peace... and ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU, dear one:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... which 'water' is the oil of exultation and holy spirit of JAH, the Most Holy One of Israel, and is poured out from the innermost parts of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... the One who writes the NEW Law upon the hearts of TRUE "Israel"... not those of the flesh but those of the SPIRIT... FREE!"

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Imperfection, perhaps? (assuming you're talking about those who profess Christianity.)

very republician and religious
    LOL and wondering WTH does THAT mean, because we all know a democrat would NEVER do something deviant. (Just pickin' on 'ya, Loosie, 'cause I thought that choice of word was so funny :-)
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Well perhaps because concubines are frowned upon, women finally are no longer property, medical advances have rid the world of the dangers of leprosy and the need for spit magic, building codes have reduced the dangers from large crowds with horns, pig farms are not built near cliffs, dead people are only disturbed for criminal investigations (plus we dig them deeper in now), quantum physics has shaken up the prophecy market, it's illegal to hit children with sticks, tampons, fruit actually helps keep us alive, animals don't talk except the odd bird, sat nav avoids 40 year episodes of getting lost, wine is cheaper than bottled water, tares are removable by herbicides, nobody needs invisible angels when you have stealth fighters, genocide is unacceptable under international law, turning the other cheek has been shown to encourage bullying, capturing virgins for personal sex slaves is covered by stricter laws these days, free speech has enshrined the right to verbally abuse bald people without fear of death, evolution is handling species creation just dandy, nudity is pretty cool, we have trained psychiatrists for voices in the head and prozac for everything else, we have enough water to make all our food clean and what do you know bacon is delicious and vagrancy laws have cut down employment opportunities for wandering prophets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit