"At least He/She died before 'Armageddon'..." How do you counter this....?

by ziddina 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

JWs are like this

Luke 9:54-55 (English Standard Version)

54 And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, "Lord, do you want us to tell ( A ) fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" [ a ] 55 But he turned and rebuked them. [ b ]

Footnotes:
    1. Luke 9:54 Some manuscripts add as Elijah did
    2. Luke 9:55 Some manuscripts add and he said, “You do not know what manner of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man came not to destroy people’s lives but to save them”

Note Jesus' response!

Also, everyone gets resurrected!

Acts 24:15 (New International Version)

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Just as important, note judgement comes after we die.

Hebrews 9:27 (New International Version)

27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment

Try to reconcile that verse with the WT teaching "the dead know nothing"!

Blessings,

Stephen

• chickpea
    chickpea

i cannot even mull over the concept
    of resurrection any longer, so all i
    can do is feel a real pang of sadness
    for individuals who cling so tenaciously
    to a bizarre impossible concept of the
    restoration of life to something dead....

it comforts them, that
    ghoulish, exclusionist
    outlook of specialness....

they scare themselves witless

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

OMG - I remember saying exactly the same thing when my beloved uncle died back in 1972.

• Heaven
    Heaven

..."And so will we all. No one gets out of this life alive. No one."

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

One day when I get this question, I would like to go into a detailed Buddhist lecture on death and rebirth. Perhaps the JWs will think this is just as silly as I think their views are. Anyway, I think my discussion will shut them up and they will go running for the hills. LOL.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I once said, "if that is true, then we should go door to door and shoot people dead so they get into Paradise." ..."

Blondie!!!! LOLOLOL!!!

Wish I'D thought of that one!!!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "If you are going to turn your back on The Truth TM , you may as well take your three beautiful children out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun. That way they'll at least have a Resurrection TM in the Paradise TM instead of going down with you at Armageddon TM . ..."

Wow, Scully...

Words fail me....

Blondie's comment was done as biting sarcasm; your 'ex-friend' JW beee-yotch really MEANT it!!!

And some people say the Watchtower isn't capable of a 'Jonestown'....

Zid

• snowbird
    snowbird

Blondie, that's a great one!

Stephen, if the judgment comes after everyone is resurrected, then there is no need for the dead to be conscious of anything.

Right?

Syl

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good post, Chalam!! Excellent choices of scriptures - I had completely forgotten about that "resurrection of the righteous and the wicked..."

Heaven - good one!! Of course, the JWs will tell you that "their" 'god' will get THEM out alive - 'cause they're so special.....

Skeeter! Sneeeeaaky.... Well, not really. Actually, a pretty good idea. Let me know if it works.

Zid

• flipper
    flipper

ZIDDINA- Good thread ! I usually try to coerce a witness to think in humanistic terms in the HERE & NOW . I divert them from ignoring their sad , normal human emotions by KEEPING them in the present situation of losing a loved one. I do this by talking about how much I miss the deceased and dwell on HOW MUCH that person meant to me by their example while they were living . Then I make statements like , " I will always remember so and so and how much they showed care and love for others. I'll try to imitate that. "

By doing this I concentrate on ignoring the possibility of a hereafter or alleged " resurrection " and try to get the witness to feel or assimilate their REAL human emotions - instead of being like some damned robot programmed into denial of sorrow. I've had some success with it, albeit in lmited situations. Just my 2 cents

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit