"At least He/She died before 'Armageddon'..." How do you counter this....?

by ziddina 34 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    Isn't it obvious by now that everyone is gonna die before Armageddon?

You don't understand, I was promised that this wouldn't be the case!

I was promised!

DAMNIT! I WAS PROMISED!

Jehovah's Witnesses don't lie. When they studied with me in '85 they promised that it was pointless for me to continue with college (I was a freshman ... I quit!). They were sure that those who were alive and able to discern 1914 would not die off before the end. They assured me that that generation was 70 years, 80 by special might, and that we were already approaching the 80!

Yet, they put the blame on me by inculcating in my mind how wrong it is to serve based on a time table. YET THEY GAVE ME A TIMETABLE!

AND IF I QUIT THEY SAY I AM GIVING UP ON JEHOVAH!

(Sorry for yelling.)

But, I am not giving up on Jehovah, I am giving up on a religion that has mislead me.

(I wasn't hijacking, thats how I will counter it.)

• ziddina
    ziddina

StoneWall - yeah, that hits "ghoulish" on the head, all right!!

Snowbird - good one!!

OUTLAW!! But then you'd have to get into Rutherford, and how "Beth Sarim" was built to house the resurrected 'Princes of Israel'... In which case you'd REALLY get a "deer-in-the-headlights" stare...

White Dove - each JW thinks THEY'LL be the exception to the mass destruction at "Armageddon"...

But.... Those comments might stop 'em in their tracks, anyway!

Thanks for your comments!

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

S'okay, Wanna Be Free, my threads are usually pretty flexible...

(unless they're hiking threads hijacked by gun nuts... )

Other than that, feel free to be flexible in threads I start...

[that invitation does not extend to certain 'ahem' - "members" - i.e. trolls - who tend to dynamite threads rather than gently tug them off-track...]

Zid

• Ding
    Ding

If it's a JW not related and not really close to the deceased, I think, "Show me that in the Bible, please" is good.

It isn't in there!

If it's someone who was close to the deceased, I think we need to be careful.

There have to be normal human affections down in them someplace and the Borg has repressed them.

This "Armageddon" reasoning may be the only way they have of keeping what's left of their own sanity.

It might be good to give them some time before confronting them.

As heartless as JWs can be, don't forget that they are victims of the organization too -- willing victims, maybe, but victims nonetheless.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Snowbird - very good. Have to keep that one in mind.

• blondie
    blondie

I once said, "if that is true, then we should go door to door and shoot people dead so they get into Paradise."

• VM44
    VM44

"At least he/she died before 'Armageddon', so maybe he'll / she'll have a chance at being 'resurrected'..."

Yes, a chance at being "resurrected" and having a re-created body in the future "impressed" with the person's saved "life pattern" and who will think they are the person that lived in the past.

Yes, that really will benefit the person who no longer exists.

The JWs are strange, most of them don't even understand what their own doctrines really imply.

• Scully
    Scully

A JW ex-friend told me, after I poured out my heart to her over how horribly the local JWs had treated me and my family during a time of serious illness - they treated me so horribly that I said that I honestly would not be able to identify those people as Jesus' true disciples - and these are her exact words - it's been over 15 years and I can still hear her voice whenever I think of this incident - she told me:

If you are going to turn your back on The Truth™, you may as well take your three beautiful children out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun. That way they'll at least have a Resurrection™ in the Paradise™ instead of going down with you at Armageddon™.

I never spoke to her again.

There really is nothing to say in response to this hatefulness. Shunning JWs for this level of ignorant hatefulness, when compassion and love should rule their so-called Christian™ hearts, is what they deserve.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Loved your response, dear Miz Sylvie (peace to you, my sister!). I think you could actually say, though:

"With all the preoccupation with Armageddon, you would think it would be on every page of the Bible. Yet, Armageddon is not even mentioned in the Bible. Not even once! Did you know that? Oh, yes, there is the War of the Great Day of God Almighty... which occurs at a "place" called "Har-Mageddon," but even that doesn't occur until AFTER the 1,000 years has ended. Did you know that? No? Here, let me show you. And so, ALL of us alive today might actually die before then. Did you know that? In the meantime, though, have you ever noticed how many times love is mentioned? Particularly, have you noticed that we're not to greet our brothers only but love even our enemies? No? Here, let me show you..."

I mean, what a great "witnessing" opportunity! What are they gonna do, not let you open their Bible?

If your response doesn't stop them in their tracks, dear Sylvia (and I don't see it couldn't), this surely will.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• VM44
    VM44

1955 book published by The Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit