My First Halloween! What should I wear?

by serenitynow! 40 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I just dress up as my self. It's really scary...

V665

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How about acting like a responsible adult and not dressing up in something that wont frighten children.

Thats of course if your interested in acting like a responsible adult.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are handing out candy, I recommend decorating the place--you can go as tame or as creepy as you like. The tame items include orange LED lights, pumpkins with a LED tea-light candle inside, fall leaves, and fall colored banners (scarecrows might also do well). Going up, you can try things like ghosts, witches, monsters, skeletons, bowls with fake hands that move when you try to take candy out of them, and spiders. Some of the spiders can be set to drop down when you make a noise. Bats hanging from above are also nice.

Next up, you could try more purple lights, as well as witch cauldrons with green lighting. You could also try putting Devils out. Putting motion is also going to enhance the experience. I do not recommend fake crime scenes and fake poison, because children might be unduly scared or in the event of a real crime scene. If you share an apartment, I also don't recommend fake roaches and rats because someone is bound to call the exterminators and if you get a real roach or rat problem, it could create a problem for exterminators.

• tec
    tec

You guys are funny :)

I dressed up as Black Cat (superhero) one year. I think that was my favorite... oh and also Tinkerbell. I even bleached my hair blonde. I think this year, I am going to do a witch. Never have been one before... and I'm gonna have fun with it :)

Tammy

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday. Probably because I never got to celebrate anything.

I go all out and decorate the yard with dead animals, tombstones, spiderwebs, scary music, bloody hands in pots, coffins...I have been a vampiress, Edgar Allen Poe's Lenore, a witch...but my fave was the one I wore to work and won 1st prize for...the girl from The Ring-Samara. And sorry ...but I did scare some kids.

Me as Samara...I made it myself.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Halloween always scared me as a child, still scared of monsters now! Lol....... For the first time since i have left the Borg i'm going to hand out sweets to the kids that come trick or treating, knowing my luck there will be no kids out this year.

Carrot won't let Babysprout go treat or treating as he said it's begging! Lol......

Lol at Donuthole.... That picture of a zombie jw looks like the witnesses that come knocking round here! Lol

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Wellllll... as an ex-JW, have you thought of dressing up as Santa Claus? Ho ho ho... It'll confuse the crap outta kiddos, plus you get to wear the costume again later.

Or... how about the Easter Bunny... it could sorta be a cross between Alice in Wonderland's bunny... you know... "I'm late! I'm late! Here kids, have an easter egg."

I think that if anyone asks, you could use the ... "Well, what do you expect from an ex-JW?" as an excuse.

Of course, then you might have to dress up as a scary witch at Christmas... or Easter...

My wife and I dress up, me not so much - her in full costume. I usually come up with a white cover-alls that zip up and is light-weight. We stand out near the street (or sit), and hand out the candy to the kiddos that come by. A lot of them are real small, and so any scary-stuff would freak them out... possibly for life.

I usually try to incorporate some of my LED lighting for effects.

(I guess I could not take a bath for a week, and sit out in my dirty clothes, and be a 'dirty old man'...)

Have fun with it. Halloween only happens once a year. (I like the zombie JW - aka 'resurrected JW post armageddon' - but only another ex-JW would understand that one)

Regards,

Jim TX

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

My very first Halloween-two years ago, I dressed up as a prisoner, striped hat and uniform. It was big fun and my husband dressed as a Judge, with the long black robe and gavel. We had a great time that year. Whatever you choose to be, enjoy it!!!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Re: My First Halloween! What should I wear?

Bodypaint

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Ok, after seeing "the Town" last night, it was great BTW, I think this is what I'm going to wear.

With the full habit of course. What do you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit