Anyone Know JW's who Donated Inheritances, Estates,$$$ to WT Society ?

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Sorry Gayle, didn't mean to creep you out.

Can't you imagine an elderly Sister thinking she's doing such a wonderful thing by donating her dear departed husband's precious gold watch and rings and feeling they will be in good hands! Never thinking for a minute, it would be passed around ..... & cashed in amongst the 'Brothers'. Suiter's disrespect for these possessions was disgusting! Pockets full of jewelery....out public OMG. Just like robbing a grave!!

c

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I have assets not part of the marrital estate. In my old will they all went to the Watchtower Society. In my current will they go to my youngest daughter with instructions on how best to dispose of them for cold hard cash. The Watchtower be damned. They are the source of endless anger and pain.

Only a fool would leave them anything. Most people have family. It should ALL go to your family. Nothing should go to the uncaring slugs who sit in the Watchtower executive offices. I hate them all.

How about that for blunt?

Oh, yes, I talked my mother out of leaving them a 150K annuity too.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Old goat,

you don't think the WTS lawyers will try to overide the new will do you ?

better make sure the new wills are locked tight against them buzzards.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Clarity:

Here is a story from Barara Anderson's "the Governing Body Grow's Old", regarding how some donations end up!

Warning: You may lose your cookies!

"Suiter wasn't replaced and remained a GB member until his death. One-time poster here, Maximus, a former Bethelite and CO, told us how Suiter came to a city, it seems to me was Baltimore, Maryland, on WT business where Maximus was a CO. Suiter called Maximus a few days earlier and invited him to lunch. Much to his surprise, they met at one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. Maximus was not happy about this because he was CO in one of the poorest sections of the city and it seemed to him to be out of order for them to eat at that place while JWs in his territory lived in extreme poverty.

During lunch, Suiter, the overseer of the Treasury Department, pulled out of the pockets of his very expensive suit, jewelry that he asked Maximus to make an offer on. Maximus had no money. He came into the circuit work right out of Bethel and he was incredulous at Suiter’s cavalier attitude.

Maximus said he saw lots of very fine jewelry during that lunch which Suiter had just thrown in different pockets. While he displayed gold chains, diamond rings, etc., he complained how he was constantly trying to get rid of the stuff that was willed to the Society by JWs. That’s why he was there, to sell jewelry at outlets. Even the flashy rings Suitor wore on his fingers were part of the loot. This experience was one that disgusted Maximus so much that it contributed towards his leaving the organization ".

This is interesting to me. When my grandfather died, (not a JW) he left alot of very expensive jewelry to my parents. My dad gifted 2 very expensive rings to Bethel. He was disappointed to find out that one of the rings was bought by a prominent Bethelite for a pittance.

• clarity
    clarity

Palmtree67 ....... really love to read your posts. This one is sadly disturbing, so sorry for your Dad and for you.

clarity

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

When it happened, I thought it was just an abnormality, not the way things were usually done, someone was not thinking....

Now I see that is how things are done.

It's sad.

• clarity
    clarity

Old Goat - I've never noticed your posts before (but then I am quite new on here) Welcome and plse stay, your comments are right on!

We like blunt .... a lot! "If you are to be leaders, teachers and guides among your people, you must have strength. No people can be fed, no people can be built up on flowers." -Alexander Crummel

clarity

• sherah
    sherah

Many of the dubs in my area bequeath large sums of money to the WT in their will. Many years ago, a sister willed her home and her insurance policy to the local congregation when she died. If I remember correctly, the WT made the congregation sell the property ASAP. The money was used to renovate the KH (it was and still is a money-pit, large building expensive repairs, the just got the OK to sell the dump).

The biggest grab in my area is by the CO's in the form of the 'green hand-shake'. Everybody participates. The widow wanting attention, the ambitious MS, the Elder wanting to give CA/DA talks, the pioneer wanting a part on the program, the brother owning a business wanting to do some 'paid' work at the KH and the general brown-noser. It's sickening to watch all of this play out. The CO's just revel in the attention and don't discourage it.

• flipper
    flipper

Been working lots the last couple days. Sorry for the delayed response . Great responses from everybody. Thanks !

MMXIV- Wow ! That's an incredible amount of money donated ! Jeez. Thanks so much for the website. It's amazing how much money is being scammed out of the witnesses members .

ST. ANN- Absolutely amazing. Your mom may end up donating 2 million $$$ to the WT society ? I bet it just makes you sick. I'm so sorry.

LITTLE IMP- Thanks for doing research on this as well. Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

SCARRED FOR LIFE- Like yourself- I knew more poor witnesses personally- however I knew some wealthy ones at a distance and heard of some of them making their wills out to the WT society.

JWOODS- Thanks for the experience of the lumber mill company JW old lady. Left millions to the WT society ? No wonder her nephew left the cult being stiffed like that . I would have left too at that time. That was a lot of money back at that time. Even NOW today !

ST. GEORGE of ENGLAND - Thanks for the link to the experience. What a sad story. It shows how calloused and ruthless the WT society is.

CLARITY- Thanks for the experience about Grant Suiter. What a lowlife he was ! There is so much reprehensibility and guilt on the WT society's part for taking advantage of all these gifts financially to them from witnesses. It never ceases to amaze me how calloused they are without a conscience. I can see why this disturbed Maximus so much that he left the JW cult.

CANTLEAVE- Good points you make. Many JW people in the 1950's & 60's didn't have any children so logically yeah, they'd leave whatever they had to the cult. I guess Hubbard was right- if you want to make money, start a religion. Even unethical ones.

MAGWITCH- Incredible. Your grandmother gave $ 50,000 to the Circuit Overseer to give to the WT society ? And your parents and grandparents have willed everything to the WT society. Ouch. I'm so sorry. I worry about that with my older JW parents in their 80's. They've been JW's for about 60 years. I hope they leave us 4 kids SOMETHING ! I guess it's a 50/50 chance. WT society is so greedy.

JOLIETTE- That Grant Suiter story is really crazy isn't it ? Yet most JW's know NOTHING about the scams and things like that going behind the scenes .

GAYLE- Thanks for sharing your story. I admire your candor, honesty, and straightforwardness. I know it wasn't easy to share this experience you had. Very interesting. I get the impression that Grant Suiter took FULL advantage of his prestigious position as a GB member in financial ways. I'm sure being aware of what he did in time really opened your eyes, among OTHER things you saw while at Bethel.

BIGMAC- So your dad contributed a good amount towards buying a Kingdom hall ? I hope it doesn't dent your inheritance TOO much. I hear these stories all the time. Incredible.

PALIMPSEST- Well, thanks for your honesty. Don't beat yourself up too much over donating- you didn't know at the time the WT society were scam artists. Hope your mom didn't give TOO much. Peace out, mR. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

CLARITY- Very well put by you. It was like Grant Suiter was a graverobber ! He definitely showed an extreme lack of class and disregard for others property ! And these were the guys who were to be rulers in heaven with Jesus ? What a joke.

OLD GOAT- I'm so glad you changed your will after finding out what a scam the WT society is. And that your daughters will receive your money. I'm glad you talked your mom out of giving the 150,000 to the WT society too ! Good job guy.

WASBLIND- Good point. I'm sure Old Goat made sure to get his new will notarized properly and legally safe from the WT society. He seems like a guy who crosses his t's and dots his i's.

PALMTREE 67- Wow ! No kidding ? Your dad left some rings to the WT society from your grandfather and a prominent Bethelite bought one of the rings ? Oh man. I hope that opened your fathers eyes to the selfishness of the JW cult. I bet it just made your dad sick to his stomach. So this issue has personally touched your life also !

SHERAH- Thanks for the experience of the sister willing her house to the WT society. Incredible. I hear that 1 house per week on an average gets donated to the society. So if a normal house is $400,000 - that means the WT society is bringing in around 1.6 to 2 million $$$ per month - just from HOUSES donated ! It's disgusting. And yes- I too saw a lt of green hand shakes going on towards Circuit Overseers . Everybody did want to get into the action to derive benefits from it. It was sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit