The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

The "no innocents" remark was in reference to orders to kill children.

Syl

• bohm
    bohm

snowbird: So the children ARE innocent, right?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Not in God's eyes, Bohm.

Syl

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Just keepin' it real, Mr. Texas.

Just remember that when something bad happens to one of your kids. That god you love is probably smiting them for something you did. Or just because they deserved it for being alive.

Has He not promised to intervene and straighten out this mess?

No, he didn't. An unknown writer said Jesus would restore spriritual Israel and melt the heavens and the earth. It didn't really say much about "straightening out this mess".

• bohm
    bohm

snowbird: ... but that gets us right back to the "she was dressing slutty" argument.

ANYONE who justify evil he could trivially prevent without side effects done to children with "They are not innocent" is, IMHO, acting from a moral standard i do not understand and cannot understand. Infact, i would think such a person was sick.

Serious question: Would you think a person (not god) who used that justification for letting children be killed was a sick bastard?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The problem here is comparing God to ourselves; it cannot - and should not - be done.

Why? God created us in his image, he expressed emotions like we do, he is completely anthropomorphised by his own inspired writings. Children always compare themselves to their parents. God had friends and conversed with them, allowed them to presuade him, felt love, regret. Other than the indiscriminate killing and display of random destructive power, he is just like us. Why shouldn't we compare ourselves to him or him to us?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bad stuff has happened to me, my kids, and my g'kids, NVL.

Do I blame God? Not on your life!

Revelation chapters 21/22 give us a peek into the wonderful future in store for us.

I suggest you read it and rejoice.

Syl

• bohm
    bohm

snowbird: This is not about attaching blame. Its about the question: "Does Gods actions seem good or bad". If he is deranged or crazy he is not really to blame.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Bad stuff has happened to me, my kids, and my g'kids, NVL.

Do I blame God? Not on your life!

You should. They aren't innocent. He allowed that to happen.

Revelation chapters 21/22 give us a peek into the wonderful future in store for us.

You can dress in all white and hang out in the city of the lamb? Everything thinks that says that god is going to make US better, but it says every tear will be wiped out. Everything will be new. No Sylvia, no me, none of your daughters. Everything will be new.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Serious question: Would you think a person (not god) who used that justification for letting children be killed was a sick bastard?

I would definitely think such a person to be a sick bastard.

Bohm, please see my post on page 1 concerning the monster who threw the 18-month old into boiling water.

However, we are the clay, God the Potter. He can and does do with us as He sees fit.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit