The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

But as long as there are people who are not listening at all, then we're going to have these atrocities.

Right, so all these crimes committed by insane people could be prevented if only the other people around them would just pay attention to Jesus? Why doesn't Jesus conduct regular seminars on mental illness? Or is that what all this garbage is on JWN; a teaching lesson?

For that matter you said " God never told those women to do that. You don't believe it any more than I do". It doesn't really matter what you or I believe, it matters what they believed.

• tec
    tec

Right, so all these crimes committed by insane people could be prevented if only the other people around them would just pay attention to Jesus?

Or if we (as a society) would pay more attention to helping people with anger issues, mental illnesses, etc... instead of just calling for their lockup and/or punishment. Or whatever other root causes that there are. But like I said, I think most people (not all people) would rather just have them all disappear than deal with the issues at hand.

Or is that what all this garbage is on JWN; a teaching lesson?

Sorry, Six, but I don't know what you mean by this.

It doesn't really matter what you or I believe, it matters what they believed.

Then perhaps some of that fault also goes to the religious leaders who never told those women that God would not have asked this of them.

Look, I'm not an expert on mental illness. I think our society is turning toward finding the root causes of these things and trying to prevent them - and many other things from childhood/self-esteem/ onward. But for a long time, when we had Christ's teachings and should have been listening to them, too many leaders still quoted from and followed OT laws. Instead of love, mercy, compassion, forgiveness. I wonder how different the world might be if all those who professed to follow Christ had actually followed what he taught as well.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

First, I must say (peace to you all!), that I am always amazed, yes, each time anew... at who responds to my posts. Most times I am really puzzled... truly. I ask myself, "Now why did THAT one open... and even respond... to what I posted?" Curious, truly. I digress...

God permits "us" to suffer. While having the power to eliminate our suffering, he allows it to continue.

That's because, dear peacedog (peace to you!)... He is letting YOU answer for yourself. If HE answered FOR you... then the accusation (that all YOU have YOU will give in behalf of your soul/life/skin/flesh)... would still stand, wouldn't it? For example that you really ARE a whiny, sniveling, cockroach of a being who will cower at any glimpse of pain and suffering, indeed not only sell your OWN soul but that of you spouse, children, neighbor, whoever... to SAVE it... which is the accusation...

What he "wants" does not seem particularly relevant...

What HE wants is stated: "Be wise, my son, and make my heart REJOICE, that may make a reply to him that is taunting me." Only one has been able to do that PERFECTLY, unfortunately. The rest of us fail miserably. YET, we can look to that One to see how we can do better... and provide a better response, albeit not a perfect one.

three different Christians with three completely different "truths"!

If you're speaking of dear tec, Snowbird, and myself, dear NVL (peace to you!)... then you're mistaken: we three are saying the exact same thing.

Good Morning Shelby!..

GOOD MORNING and greetings to you, my dear, dear OUTLAW! The greatest of love and peace to you!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... So God is letting his children run amuck..To make a Point...

Not at ALL! HIS children aren't the ones running amuck...

God needs some parenting lessons..

Actually, dear one, it's that other "father"... the one who brought the lie into this world. The one whose "children" manifest themselves even on this board. He does INDEED need some lessons. And he will get them, in due time... so no worries...

Satan gets a Spanking and the rest of the family can live in peace..

Not quite dear one. It's more like that bad "neighbor" and his "house" simply being left to themselves... for now. You know them... there's usually one on every block. Dad is an abuser, mom not only makes excuses for him but dares anyone to say/do anything about him. So everyone just pretty much leaves them alone. Unfortunately, that his not good enough for him and his bad*ss "children" and so they start spreading their "mess" throughout the block. Perhaps even some of the "good" children start hanging out with his kids... and turn from what their parents taught them. Eventually, he gets so full of himself that the day comes when he attempts to take over another's "house"... one belonging to a very "quiet" neighbor (who has made it known that HIS children must NOT "play" with the bad guy's kids)... thinking, "Oh, that guy think he's all that, that he's better'n me... and his kids are better'n mine... but he's really got no cahones. I think I'll just slap him, yeah, right in front of his own kids."

But that won't happen, of course. He will raise his hand, yes. But, then, to his surprise and his entire household's... he will get the ultimate *sswhoopin'... from the "quiet" guy on the "street" who has just had enough of the jerk messing with HIS house and children.

In the mean time, the "quiet" guy's kids are to just go about their business... doing the things their Father has taught and is teaching them... through the First Son.

And yes, it really is that simple.

Again, I bid you all peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I ask myself, "Now why did THAT one open... and even respond... to what I posted?" Curious, truly.

God works in mysterious ways, some say. Maybe it's the Holy Spirit.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'm not an expert on mental illness. I think our society is turning toward finding the root causes of these things and trying to prevent them - and many other things from childhood/self-esteem/ onward.

"Christian" religion has a HUGE culpability in the creation of mental illness... and/or false accusation of it... if not the greatest (may you all have peace!). If people were told the TRUTH... about who speaks, how, and why... they would KNOW how to tell the difference and not succumb to such acts and conduct. Since the lion's share of that religion DENIES these truths (because their leaders, FALSE prophets, don't KNOW it themselves), such folks are "lost"... and often times seriously confused and detrimentally so.

For those who would say, "Well, then, why doesn't God just TELL them who to listen to..." I have to ask, do you really need someone to answer that?

Peace to you all.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

PeaceDog, I would call that person as much of a monster as the one who did the atrocious act.

However, if you're using this as an analogy of God's standing idly by and doing nothing, you're much mistaken.

God is neither idle nor uninterested. Has He not promised to intervene and straighten out this mess?

NVL, the Law was grounded in the reality that is Man.

Enough said.

Syl

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL, the Law was grounded in the reality that is Man.

Enough said.

I know, I know. You keep saying that. It's an interesting opinion. It makes perfect sense seeing as how God commanded the destruction of innocent peoples, intentionally hardened people hearts so they would fight the Israelites, killed children for acting like children, etc. God is either insane or merely a reflection of the values of the people at the time, just like how people used the Bible to justify slavery 150 years ago.

• snowbird
    snowbird

There are no innocents in God's eyes.

I think, given what He has to work with, He's done a magnificent job!

Syl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

There are no innocents in God's eyes.

Certainly not babies, eh?

• snowbird
    snowbird

You got it, Two-Third.

Most certainly not teens or tweens, either!

Blisters!

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit