The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You are so violently full of shit I can smell you from Alabama, my friend.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just keepin' it real, Mr. Texas.

Syl

• bohm
    bohm

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus, 341–270 B.C

Questions: Imagine that I had a magic button which i could push at any time and it would give everyone food, housing, security and kill the devil and all on his side in an instant.

Just by one single push with my finger.

Now imagine I was looking into the eyes of a child slowly starving to death, or being raped, or being burned alive in an oven in Auswitz.

Is there any possible reason why i should not push that button?

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

So anyone know any good dead baby jokes?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I reiterate this question because it is of grave importance:

Has He not promised to intervene and straighten out this mess?

Tell me which other god has done so?

Syl

• bohm
    bohm

Snowbird: So its okay to let someone be tortured even though you could trivially prevent the torture in a moment, provided you eventually do something about it?

mmmm

"But judge, even though i could see the gang rape the young women, and i was a policeofficer armed with a gun, i think it was okay for me to go to 7-11 for donuts, because i would do something about it eventually! I even shouted it in her direction, im sure that offered her much comfort!"

"I was gonna go up, and end all sin, but then i got high..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0i_qBOmZ9E

[UPDATED]

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

There are no innocents in God's eyes.

I think, given what He has to work with, He's done a magnificent job!

He had exactly what he created, free moral agents. If he wanted something else, he should have created it.

But, since the reality is gods are just reflections of the society that created them, it makes sense that he behaved exactly as the Israelites did.

• bohm
    bohm

There are no innocents in God's eyes.

How is this NOT a variation over the "But she was dressing in a slutty manner"-defence?

• snowbird
    snowbird

The problem here is comparing God to ourselves; it cannot - and should not - be done.

Syl

• bohm
    bohm

snowbird:

So how do we know God is the good guy when he behave in a way that is evil?

Would that not indicate God is evil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit