The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Hey, I didn't start the whole "my gender makes me special" crap.

• donuthole
    donuthole
    I know, I know... it just isn't IN you to concede to a woman - it's just not... well, manly.

I said it once and I'll say it again:

Shelby - why are you always talking down about men?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I said it once and I'll say it again: Shelby - why are you always talking down about men?

Ummmm... about "men", dear DH? I admit, I was trying to get NVL's "goat" but not men in general. I mean, the discussion had deteriorated, IMHO, WAY past what it started out as. It was, IMHO, turning into one of those discussions some "husbands and wives" have (which is why I think dear Stonewall commented as he did - peace to you! and no... no "hots", unless we're talking "hot flashes" - LOLOLOL!). It started sounding "male vs. female" and vice versa to me. And so, I tried to add some levity (did you not notice all the LAUGHS??? I even referred to "Ogs"??)

But to respond in all seriousness and honesty, I truly don't think I talk down about men in a manner to be taken seriously... and certainly not always. I admit that I will speak my mind when I perceive a man (or a woman) is trying to "assert" his "manliness" and trying to bully... or "talk"... me into doing/saying what he wants me to. But I take no offense. And please don't think I am partial to women and "like" men "less." Nothing could be further from the truth. Honestly, some days I don't like people... male OR female. But for the most part I like them the same and I wouldn't like it if a woman tried that, either. Indeed, there are things that [we] women do that I don't like and under some circumstances (for example, a discussion of this type), I would most probably say so.

Truly, I would SO love to be of the generation that believes men and women are fully "alike", dear DonutHole... but unfortunately I'm not and so I don't believe we are; I certainly don't believe we, majorily, think alike on very many issues (for example, I watched "Undercover Boss" last night where the CEO was polling people on the street about his company. Men love it - women, not so much. Me... I can see both sides, so...). I also don't believe that either is a "bad" thing, though - rather, IMHO, our differences are actually the beauty of "us." Here, NVL can say what he says to me and while I am adamant, I am not reduced to tears. Likewise, I can say what I do to him and while he is bullheaded (LOLOLOLOL! It's a JOKE!)... he hasn't called me out to fight a duel or anything like that.

So, see? I hope so. If not, then perhaps you will simply forgive where I may have offended YOU... because that was not my intent.

As always, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

the perfect man rule "Bro's before ho's".

Oh, shoot... I guess I did hit a "nerve." My sincere apologies, dear NVL. I did mean to get your goat, but I really didn’t mean to P you off to that extent. I truly thought you would come back with something less… ummmm… nasty.

To dear NVL and the board, my sincere apologies – it is my fault we’ve gotten to this level (I thought he would see my “joking” by the LOLOLOLOL! I included. Apparently not and I owe him… and you, the board… a sincere apology).

A slave of Christ,

SA, who, after this, will do all I can to keep my own “ego” out of it and just post as I hear my Lord which is, apparently, much safer. Except when posting to certain dears ones - sorry, all fun and no play makes... well, you understand). Again, sorry , dear NVL, truly. I did not mean to make you... get mean.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    “BTW, don't forget, you have called me a liar many times and have yet prove it. Put up or shut up.”

I did state, several times, that you were deceitful, dear NVL (peace to you!), but it no longer matters to me, truly. The discussion has deteriorated and gotten out of hand and I take full responsibility for that. Apparently, I went “too far” in my attempt at humor. As for the original purpose of the discussion, I gave you all that I could but surmise it will never be enough. You won’t bother to “test” what I have given you, thus far, and I now understand that there will always some “flaw” that will allow you to… shall we say, pass, on ever doing so. Absolutely no worries, though. So be it.

As to me calling you out on your deceit… we both know what I mean and refer to and I have to say that if that is the kind of “integrity” that “science” calls for in this kind of a discussion, then so be that, as well: just like faith is not for you… your form of “science” is not for me. And I can live with that. I think we’re both just going to have to wait and see just how it all shakes out, as nothing I share makes sense to you… and you haven’t really shared anything IMHO, other than to keep asking me to add to your previous requests.

As for the info regarding your personal life, I am truly sorry that you chose to bring that up here. But I am glad that it was you and not me. As I said in the PMs between us, it was/is YOUR business, not mine. We know the discussion, you and I, and so I am going to have to just let things “stand” in this part because I am not going to go any further into that with you. You can feel free to go on your own, but the whole thing made me quite uncomfortable.

So, this is it for me, at least as far as posting any more parts from previous posts to this thread in an effort to “prove” anything. Everything is there… except for our PMs… and anyone who wishes can read it and come to their own conclusions. Whatever those may be.

So, peace to you, truly, and I really do have to move on as I believe there are more worthy subjects… and threads… that I need to get to.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

AG: But to respond in all seriousness and honesty, I truly don't think I talk down about men in a manner to be taken seriously... and certainly not always.

How the hell are we supposed to know when to not take you seriously? I mean, your comments are so whacked out off the wall crazy to begin with. I lump what you said about women remembering everything verbatim and about men was just more of the same.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Oh, shoot... I guess I did hit a "nerve." My sincere apologies, dear NVL. I did mean to get your goat, but I really didn’t mean to P you off to that extent. I truly thought you would come back with something less… ummmm… nasty.

Sorry Shelby, to your delicate female ears I can understand such language might have been shocking and disturbing. I will let you get back into the kitchen to get me a sandwich and a beer and leave the manly talk for men.

I did state, several times, that you were deceitful, dear NVL (peace to you!), but it no longer matters to me, truly.

Then why do you keep coming back and calling me a liar. Like I said. Put up or shup up. Prove it.

Apparently, I went “too far” in my attempt at humor. Of course you didn't go to far. And I completely agree, it was definitely an attempt at humor.

You won’t bother to “test” what I have given you, thus far, and I now understand that there will always some “flaw” that will allow you to… shall we say, pass, on ever doing so.

Well, you didn't give me much to go on for the test since you couldn't bother to read up on how to write a hypothesis and test plan or your lord couldn't spare 2 minutes to tell when he aqpparently loves to tell you all kinds of other shit about me.

As to me calling you out on your deceit… we both know what I mean and refer to and I have to say that if that is the kind of “integrity” that “science” calls for in this kind of a discussion, then so be that, as well

Huh? Again, since you won't show me where you believe I lied, I really can't address it at all. So again, put up or shut up.

As for the info regarding your personal life, I am truly sorry that you chose to bring that up here. But I am glad that it was you and not me. As I said in the PMs between us, it was/is YOUR business, not mine. We know the discussion, you and I, and so I am going to have to just let things “stand” in this part because I am not going to go any further into that with you. You can feel free to go on your own, but the whole thing made me quite uncomfortable.

Why? In fact, you said told you all about it. Are you sorry your Lord told you something and to write me about it? It did serve one purpose, however, add another failure in the accuracy of what your lord told. Still batting a thounsand on the failure rate.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The entire Bible is a case of "bros before hos" and that's one of the major problems with it, imo.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    that's one of the major problems with it

Nice to know we agree on something, dear CD (peace to you!).

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey Shelby

You like made up stories ;-), so you might enjoy this book I'm reading called "The Red Tent". It is a fictionalized telling of the story of Rebecca, Rachel, Leah and Dinah with Dinah as the central character. If women had written the Bible from their point of view and were able to tell their stories of their lives, this is how the story might have went....

Enjoyable read, especially for women who grew up with the Bible stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit