The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

*eyes transfixed, reaches over and eats some of poopsie's popcorn*

(Soooo.... how was your golf game, NVL? ... and yes, I know its not my responsibility to tell you what she meant, but people do it on the board all the time, often to try and keep the peace)

Tammy

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

(Soooo.... how was your golf game, NVL? ... and yes, I know its not my responsibility to tell you what she meant, but people do it on the board all the time, often to try and keep the peace)

It was good. I shot a 90, two stroke above my all time best and tied for my second best. I was pleased. Still working my my drive, but alas, I am left handed and play right handed (I am honestly mixed handed so that's not too surprising) so I have to figure out some thing on my own where traditional lessons don't work because I often have trouble figuring out whether I am left or right hand dominant and have to mentally reverse instructions. I write left handed, eat left handed, but throw, play golf, etc., right handed. When I am doing things, I often take a while to figure out which hand I do it best with. I still use a hammer in both hands.

So, the game was good. Sorry I was gone so long. It's Sunday in America (and most of the world), so football, the American kind, is on. I spent the day at a bar with an old friend watching football and drinking beer.

And Shelby and I can vehemtly disagree and still be friends. She is a total sweetheart. I will admit the whole thing with calling me deceitful has my back up a bit, but all she has to do is prove it or apologize and it's all good. :)

If it turns out I made a mistake, I will apologize with no problem :)

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

When I am doing things, I often take a while to figure out which hand I do it best with.

too....many....jokes. My brain just exploded.

Glad you had a good game though, sweetie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Now, you can deny that... and "science" might refute it,

Well if science refutes it, and of course it does, why would you claim it to be true?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Well if science refutes it, and of course it does, why would you claim it to be true?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Glad you had a good game though, sweetie

thanks love

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Shelby, one last thought with respect to your going on and on about your XX genetic makeup....

Jesus was a man. A perfect man. Therefore he must have followed the perfect man rule "Bro's before ho's". Hence, all prophets and apostles were men.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Shelby, one last thought with respect to your going on and on about your XX genetic makeup....

Jesus was a man. A perfect man. Therefore he must have followed the perfect man rule "Bro's before ho's". Hence, all prophets and apostles were men.

I can't believe you just typed that....sheesh man........ I never botherd reading this thread, but like a couple other ones, once I saw it hit double digit pages, I got intrigued. Now I'm going to have to go through each and every page and see what caused and led up to God not wanting us to suffer turning into the gender wars.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Now I'm going to have to go through each and every page and see what caused and led up to God not wanting us to suffer turning into the gender wars.

Oh, dude, there is no war :)

My point, albeit subtle, was that to bring gender into ANY Jesus based discussion means that women can't teach and to make me a sammich. Thank dear baby Jesus I have risen above that, but apparently some think their gender still infers them something special.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

NVL -

OUCH!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit