The Issue is Not that God WANTS Us to Suffer...

by AGuest 404 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

Well, since you know so much, what, my dear, do you think I am afraid of? What do you think reality tells you?

Same thing we're all initially afraid of, dear NVL (peace to you!): being misled, again; being lied to; being though crazy and/or unstable; possible commitments related to what we might here, if anything; and death.

It what you stated.

Then your "nope" was inaccurate and misleading, wasn't it... and designed TO mislead. Why do that?

But what you stated is incomplete.

Ah, now, why not just say that? Why not, "not quite," or "that's not fully accurate"? Because you wanted those watching to think that, no, I didn't know at all. And that you do. That's a bit deceitful, dear NVL. Truly. It's not completely dishonest, but it not fully honest. See what I mean?

In order to even formulate a valid hypothesis it must be falsifiable.

Meaning that if it's false, such falsehood can be proven... which is what I stated...

Things that are falsifiable and tested can be proven true.

Okay, but that's now how I understand it. Or how I read the definition. My understanding is that things that are falsifiable can have their falsehood, if any, tested... and proven.

Something that proves true MUST be falsifiable.

Again, I do not read or understand it that way. My understanding is that something that proves true IS true (at least, as far as we understand truth)... but in order to test it, we must also be able to test it's falsifiability if it is NOT true.

what you wrote is not a hypothesis. Just like you did with falsifiability, jump over to wikipedia and get some links and learn how what one is and how to write it.

I jumped to several places... including wikipedia... after you said my understanding was wrong. Which you now say it was not. But since I am wrong even when I am not wrong... how 'bout YOU do the jumping this time? I gave you what you asked for and... again... you're stalling. So, in order that we can BOTH expedite this matter, what say YOU teach me. Why don't YOU tell me what one is... and how to write it, since YOU "know so much."

Ah, no. Those were not complete instructions. Try again. There was no "step 1, step 2", etc., etc.

Oh, my sincere apologies, truly, dear one. Here you go:

Step 1: Using faith [and, if granted, holy spirit], while you are in body or or in spirit

Step 2: Listen with YOUR spirit

Step 3: If you're unsure who's speaking

Step 4: Ask the speaker to identify himself

Step 5: Observe what you hear

Step 6: Tell others what you observed

Step 7: If they don't believe you, give them the steps and have them test it

In an effort to make me look as if what I shared with you was false, however, you next state and post from our PM:

Sure. You wrote [please see post above]:

But, ahhhh, yes... you once again left out some stuff... which, again, is a bit deceitful, isn't it? Since you obviously have no problem posting [some of] it here, however, let's post what I actually PM'd, shall we, so folks won't have to guess who's being truthful? For example, as to the above, you left out:

Even if she is a WTBTS stepford wife, your bearing false witness against her would have added injury to the insult and made YOUR error twice as bad. I was SO relieved when you defended her. I speak the truth to you, dear NVL. I realize that you don't get me, but that really is okay - I understand. But, no, my Lord doesn't tell what a man is wearing... what's on the OUTSIDE. He is a SPIRIT... and so what he tells me will be about the man on the INSIDE - the spirit.

Of course, I did not post this on the board for obvious reasons: it is your business, and your's alone, and not mine at all.
    But my Lord directed me to share it this night because apparently you want to know what I "know."

See, by the time you wrote this, I had already made my issues public, so that doesn't show any insight.

By the time I wrote the response you're responding to, yes. But that was not when I first told you that my Lord had revealed you to me, not by a LONG shot. Thankfully, others here will remember that.

You said I would have borne false witness against myself, but I guess God didn't see fit to tell you I had been doing that for years.

You misunderstood then, twice, and apparently you still do. Although I explained... twice. Bearing false witness against... means lying on someone. You would have done so against yourself by doing it against your wife. As I explained:

You would... have borne false witness against your own flesh (yourself) and bone (your wife). Because at the time, you were still "one."

Meaning, a man who bears false witness against his wife while they are still joined bears such false witness against himself. And...

"As for bearing false witness... what I wrote was that I felt I needed to speak up because there were those ADVISING you to do so... to lie on your wife... and TO your kids... and I didn't want you to add injury to the insult."

I followed that with:

"It is a bit curious to me that you read my words... but almost always seem to halfway grasp them. What is UP with that? C'mon, man, YOU'RE the one that says we should trust what our eyes see. What's up with YOUR eyes?? LOLOLOLOL!"

You haven't seemed to overcome that habit, yet.

Apparently he also wasn't able to decided not to bother with a simple question, what shirt I was wearing. So, you only had things revealed to you that I had already made public and even at that, you got it wrong.

You "went public" on 8/1/2010, shortly after revealing your truths to your wife. I shared what I did with you some time before that (I will post the exact date should I ever come across it in a thread again).

Posturing? You're the one claiming you get insight from god...

No, from Christ, dear one... and it's curious to me that you can't seem to get that accurate, yet, either...

and have many times revealed what you received about me.

Again, inaccurate. True, I have revealed on 3-4 occasions that I had been revealed something and did so on each occasion BEFORE your public "declaration." But I did not share WHAT until with you until last night.

It's not MY fault you get it wrong every time.

You MUST show me where I got it wrong... even once. You MUST.

I do not understand how it's not fair. No one HAS to read this and for those that do, I think it's important to know how accurate the revealed information you get is.

I absolutely agree. Which is why it's curious to me that you keep leaving very pertinent things out. BTW - You STILL haven't addressed our previous discussion, regarding the void. Although I did mention it. That IS one of the things you keep avoiding. May I ask why?

for you to give me a testable hypothesis you will need to define "faith",

I've done that for you on at least two occasions now. But, to help you get out of your stall, how about: the assurance of the thing hoped for being the proof of things we do not see, while conviction of their reality is perceived as real fact although not revealed to the empirical senses.

tell where to get it,

Done that on MANY occasions, now: from the One who sells it, Christ.

where the voice is heard

Wherever. For some, outside of one. For many, inside. There is no limitation or concrete rule.

what it sounds like

Again, told to you on many occasions. Like a voice. Soft, calm, kind... sort of "watery", even...

so we know for sure is your God, provide some falsifiability, provide some means of independent verification of the voice,

Ask for indentification.

define how intangible faith measurements correlate to the size of a mustard seed either by size or by volume,

Well, the best measurement would probably be the amount of "energy" produced by a mustard seed, which is about 1,947 kJ (469 kcal). Compare that to the amount of faith... and effort... YOU put forth.

does the relative density of the faith need to be the same

Not really, actually. ANY amount of faith... and effort... should suffice.

and provide some means of testing the expected result of knowing something currently unknown or unprovable.

In the words of Nike... "just do it."

That would be a good start. It's not stalling, my dear, when you do not provide what you are asked for. Write that up, send it over and I get to testing.

Here you go. Get thee to it.

Since everything you said you heard about me has been 100% wrong or something already known and thus not "unknowable" (using your criteria), I guess we know which side you fall on.

I heard that you were "not a man 'living' in truth but in deceit," and more specifically that you were "hiding what you were from your wife and children... and thus, you were acting against your own flesh (yourself)." That was VERY true, as you yourself revealed on 8/1/2010. That you deny it now let's us know which side YOU fall on... still.

Given that, can we now be done with this, save your moving forward with your "test"? Because I think I've shared about all I have on the matter. Anything else is just going back to another circle, really. What say you? Oh, and be sure to let us know when you've achieved your results.

PEACE to you, dear NVL!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Same thing we're all initially afraid of, dear NVL (peace to you!): being misled, again; being lied to; being though crazy and/or unstable; possible commitments related to what we might here, if anything; and death.

Nope. Sorry. Just because you are doesn't mean I am.

Then your "nope" was inaccurate and misleading, wasn't it... and designed TO mislead. Why do that?

Huh? I used the word and then you misused it and I asked if you knew what it meant. I never said anything to mislead you.

Ah, now, why not just say that?

I did.

Because you wanted those watching to think that, no, I didn't know at all. And that you do. That's a bit deceitful, dear NVL.

Look, don't blame me because you acted as if you knew what it meant and argued as if you did and then, when you didn't and were questioned on it looked it up and still got it wrong. If you don't know something, just say so. There is no shame in that.

Meaning that if it's false, such falsehood can be proven... which is what I stated...

Again, no, even thing that are proven to be true MUST be falsifiable. You still don't understand what it means! How can you call me deceitful when you still don't know what it means?

Again, I do not read or understand it that way. My understanding is that something that proves true IS true (at least, as far as we understand truth)... but in order to test it, we must also be able to test it's falsifiability if it is NOT true.

No, whether it is true or not it MUST be falsifiable to be a valid hypothesis.

I jumped to several places... including wikipedia... after you said my understanding was wrong. Which you now say it was not. But since I am wrong even when I am not wrong

No, you are wrong. Just like a math test, if the answer is "42", writing a "4" isn't right just because you meant to write the "2". It's wrong not matter how you turn it. And your understanding is wrong.

how 'bout YOU do the jumping this time? I gave you what you asked for and... again... you're stalling.

You most certainly did NOT give me a fasifiable hypothesis.

Why don't YOU tell me what one is... and how to write it, since YOU "know so much."

Thanks for recogizing that I have worked very hard to learn. Read the entire post, I gave you some tips at the end.

But, ahhhh, yes... you once again left out some stuff... which, again, is a bit deceitful, isn't it?

You keep accusing me of that. Again, if you feel that I left out some salient points that altered the meaning, please let me know. You tend to write the same thing over and over and over so I do leave out many redundancies.

You misunderstood then, twice, and apparently you still do. Although I explained... twice. Bearing false witness against... means lying on someone. You would have done so against yourself by doing it against your wife. As I explained:

I was lying on someone, the woman I was with and myself. That's two someones.

You haven't seemed to overcome that habit, yet.

Oh, I entirely grasp them, all of your words, they just have very little accuracy or internal consistency. You know, that 100% error rate on what god tells you about me.

And yes, I do know that it's Christ with the name you said he gave you that he apparently gave no one else, it's just shorter to type god.

You "went public" on 8/1/2010, shortly after revealing your truths to your wife. I shared what I did with you some time before that (I will post the exact date should I ever come across it in a thread again).

I would love to see that since I don't have a PM where you sent it to me. You said you didn't want to make it public even thought god shared it with you so it must have been a PM OR you must be mistaken and did go public with it.

No, from Christ, dear one... and it's curious to me that you can't seem to get that accurate, yet, either...

Again, it's just shorter to type "god" that the name that your lord gave you and no one else.

You MUST show me where I got it wrong... even once. You MUST.

Sure. You said I was afraid, I'm not. On the "Dearest NVL" thread, you said that since we shared the same Abrahamic blood and it had told you about me and specifically that I was angry at god, you said I had asked god in sincerity for answer and that god had shared that with you about me, that i did believe in him and to answer me further via PM. You said I had been asking for god on May 1, right before I fell asleep but afraid to fall asleep and that I was talking to god. You said that he told you I heard is answers and just didn't accept what I heard. Then in that same thread you realized I wasn't being "sincere" and didn't at all beleive in god at all and quit talking to me.

You STILL haven't addressed our previous discussion, regarding the void. Although I did mention it. That IS one of the things you keep avoiding. May I ask why?

If I missed it or forgot I sincerly apologize. Remind me? I think it's clear I forgot.

the assurance of the thing hoped for being the proof of things we do not see, while conviction of their reality is perceived as real fact although not revealed to the empirical senses.

Ah, well, now that creates another problem. We have to define the things hoped for. Some hope for heaven, some hope for life on earth, some hope for neither of those but simply to sleep. Define the thing hoped for. Even among those that hope for heaven, some hope to rule as kings, some hope the be angels, some hope for other things in heaven. Your definition was a singular thing so I need to know what it is. In other words, what is the thing I should be hoping for that I will have faith in? Right now I am hoping I don't run out of whisky.

And it IS cute how you accuse me of stalling because you can't write a testable hypothesis. Absolutely adorable :)

Wherever. For some, outside of one. For many, inside. There is no limitation or concrete rule.

Ah, well, we need to know where to look, otherwise we could be looking in the wrong place. Ask Jesus and get back to me.

Well, the best measurement would probably be the amount of "energy" produced by a mustard seed, which is about 1,947 kJ (469 kcal). Compare that to the amount of faith... and effort... YOU put forth.

Mustard seeds don't produce energy, they contain stored energy. You need to clarify your answer. How do we measure faith? Is it also measured in joules or calories?

Here you go. Get thee to it.

Will do. I also need some method of verification of identity (after all, Satan can transform himself into an angel of light), some independent verification. Also, you said I need to ask Christ for the faith, but I need to faith to talk to christ. Your steps involve a circular loop, so I will need the steps on how to get the faith before Christ so I can talk to him, since I clearly can't talk to him to get the faith I need to talk to him.

That you deny it now let's us know which side YOU fall on... still.

huh? I am not denying at all. I said that you never mentioned you knew any of this until after I said it in public. Very WT like, saying that you knew everying after it becomes public, you just didn't mention it before.

Because I think I've shared about all I have on the matter. Anything else is just going back to another circle, really.

Yes, you are very good at circular logic.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sigh

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I know, beks. It's like a drug. I can't quit

• beksbks
    beksbks

It's rough NVL, I feel very strongly on the subject myself. I don't enjoy the discussion with good people I like. I don't mind having it with the phonies.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

you said this in your post #4842:

So Paul, Peter, James are out?

If you are asking whether the letters attributed to them "scripture," then the answer is, no, they are not...

By prophets, do you mean ALL of them, includin the minor prophets?

My understanding is only the ones who were led by holy spirit and TOLD to write...

Are you also including the gospels?

The gospels are not "scripture". ....

So in your estimation Paul was not inspired by the Holy Spirit because he was not specifically TOLD to write?...

interesting...you do know that Paul was the one who revealed to the church the "mystery" that is the BODY OF CHRIST...the first time we hear of this mystery and the "concept" of the "body" it is revealed and expounded upon in great detail in 1 Corinthians 12:12-25 and mentioned again in Romans 12:5, Ephesians and Colossians...all "works" attributed to the apostle Paul...

so, accordingly, every time you refer to yourself as being a member in "the body"...you are, in fact, perpetuating an un-scriptural, un-inspired expression are you not?

love michelle

• AGuest
    AGuest

So in your estimation Paul was not inspired by the Holy Spirit because he was not specifically TOLD to write?...

It is not my estimation, dear Michelle (peace to you!). It is what I was told by my Lord. You do NOT have to take my word for it, though, as the Bible also sets forth what in it IS scripture (though, I must admit that I often ponder why folks like you continually point to the Bible en totale as being inspired and entirely truthful, yet you won't even take into account what IT says on this particular matter- . What is UP with that?). Goodness, at least look to what IT says, dear one, if you won't allow yourself to at least hear what Christ himself says.

you do know that Paul was the one who revealed to the church the "mystery" that is the BODY OF CHRIST...

YOU do know that Paul was called about 3.5 years after my Lord ascended, that a whole lot went on in that time, that not everything that took place was written down, and that not everything written down is in the Bible? The writings attributed to Paul may be the only ones we have access to today that speak of the Body, but the Body knew who they were before Paul was ever even on the scene. Paul was an apostle to the nations; however, those in Judea and Samaria were given the "good news" first... and simultaneously.

the first time we hear of this mystery and the "concept" of the "body" it is revealed and expounded upon in great detail in 1 Corinthians 12:12-25 and mentioned again in Romans 12:5, Ephesians and Colossians...all "works" attributed to the apostle Paul...

I beg to differ. The first time I heard of it was when my Lord explained the entire "seed," the "christ-child", of which he is the head (which the "woman" has already given birth to)... and the rest of my brothers and I his "body" (which has not yet been born)... which body, is the nation that will BE born... in one day. He explained this to help ME grasp that the false WTBTS teaching that the [first] resurrection began in 1914 and since that time those who die are immediately resurrected to heaven. That is a LIE... because the resurrection occurs all at ONE TIME. NO ONE precedes the others, at least not by resurrection.

So, I had not heard of it prior to my Lord himself telling me of it, as no one had EVER taught me about it. Certainly not the WTBTS, who still doesn't understand it, even today. I don't even recall ever hearing the phrase (though I may be wrong), prior to my Lord speaking it to me.

so, accordingly, every time you refer to yourself as being a member in "the body"...you are, in fact, perpetuating an un-scriptural, un-inspired expression are you not?

Every time I refer to myself... and others... as being members in the Body of Christ... I am perpetuating the truth taught to me by my Lord. I profess the same calling, the same "inspiration", for the same reason (I am a foremost sinner and am trying to work out my salvation), from the same Source, as Paul; and I am often told to write. Shall I now say that what I write is "scripture"? Not at all. Because my Lord himself has told me what IS "scripture" and he has NOT told me that what he gives me is such. Rather, he has said to me that it is Moses, the Psalms, the Prophets... and the Revelation (because John IDENTIFIES it as "this prophecy").

But since you may not grasp that, he has directed me to ask you: IF the letter to the Romans was "scripture," why was it not written to ALL of the Body, and NOT just those "in Rome"? And IF the FIRST letter to the Corinthan congregation was "scripture," why is it NOT contained in the Bible canon, so that it is the SECOND letter that is called the "First"? And IF the second letter was for the ENTIRE Body, why was it addressed ONLY to those in Corinth and Achaia? Why was the letter to the Galatians addressed SOLELY to them? The letter to the Philippians? Colossians? How about the Thessalonians? The letters to Timothy? Titus? And so on? Because what was IN those writings was FOR the addressee.

So, just because the Corinthians (a province of Rome) hadn't heard the sacred secret didn't mean those in Judea hadn't. The Corinthians were also told to JUDGE... and REMOVE. When did Christ EVER teach such a thing? The congregation, which formed before there ever was a Paul, knew Christ hadn't, and so the teaching caused great division. How can the Holy Spirit have "given" Paul something that would do that... divide the Christ?

And, again, you do NOT have to take MY word for this: the Bible corroborates what CHRIST said is "scripture" (which you are more than welcome to read for yourself). That "certain men" have decided that various accounts, letters, etc., should become part of the Bible canon does NOT make such "scripture."

love michelle

And, again, peace to you, as well.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

you said:

"I beg to differ. The first time I heard of it was when my Lord explained the entire "seed," the "christ-child", of which he is the head (which the "woman" has already given birth to)... and the rest of my brothers and I his "body" (which has not yet been born)... which body, is the nation that will BE born... in one day. He explained this to help ME grasp that the false WTBTS teaching that the [first] resurrection began in 1914 and since that time those who die are immediately resurrected to heaven. That is a LIE... because the resurrection occurs all at ONE TIME. NO ONE precedes the others, at least not by resurrection.

So, I had not heard of it prior to my Lord himself telling me of it, as no one had EVER taught me about it. Certainly not the WTBTS, who still doesn't understand it, even today. I don't even recall ever hearing the phrase (though I may be wrong), prior to my Lord speaking it to me."

so are you saying...during your time in the WTBTS you didn't understand what Paul said about the body...or you had never heard of the concept?...either way it shows a real lack of initiative on your part...it's no wonder you were so easily led in to spiritism.

love michelle

• poopsiecakes
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    It's like a drug. I can't quit...

Well, I must quit, dear NVL... and you can accuse me of what you will. I have given you what you've asked, more than once. I spoke the truth to you about what was revealed to me - first, that you were angry and that you DID seek an answer... and that you heard that answer, which question and answer I did not know at the time, but do now... and didn't want to hear that answer. Which you lied about then and are lying about now. You are also lying now as to "when," you revealed the other matter publicly. You also now very conveniently say you "forget" regarding a thread that was addressed specifically TO you... in which I responded to you to the fullest extent possible... yet, say I quit talking to you in a previous thread.

You have now have taken all of my words that wrote to you regarding the bearing of false witness against your wife... that I explained three times ... to now be something different than what I wrote, something that is now about whatever it is you're talking about (lying on the woman involved - where did THAT come from??)... and turned it into yet another lie. Because you're now trying to say that I was given something "wrong"... because you lied on the women and yourself. Yet, I NEVER once said or wrote to you that my Lord gave me ANYTHING as to such a thing, but that I was concerned about lying ON your wife, which would have also been against yourself... and add injury to the insult [of your adultery]. The ONLY thing I said was that my Lord revealed to me that you were living in deceit and hiding what you were doing from your family... AND... that he did NOT tell me WHEN it occurred... or even WHAT occurred. I told you truthfully that I had NO idea WHAT it involved... until YOU revealed it, publicly.

But I get it, now, and it doesn't matter what you know, think you know, believe, don't believe, how I respond, or what I give you when you ask... you are a man of deceit. And you are going to make this solely about my lack of understanding science, rather than YOUR lack of faith, which is just as prevalent. I have never disputed the validity or necessity of science; indeed, I have said that it is necessary because we live in the physical world. But that the physical world is not all that there is - there is much more. I have tried to understand and discuss such things, as I understand them, with you. But you have lied on me once too often in this particular thread. You have added things... and taken things out... all the while going, "What? Who? Me?" You asked what I thought falsifability is and when I stated my understanding, said "Nope," then "It what you stated," then in yet another breath, "No, you don't know." Heck, you can't make up YOUR mind as to what I do or don't know... how can you make up MINE?

And so be it. I am sorry but while I am not good at science I am also not good at deceit. On any level. I don't know how to play that game and/or twist other people's words/omit large portions of their posts so as to further my position. It is for this very reason that I take virtually EVERY post line by line... so that others will EXACTLY what was written to me and EXACTLY how I responded. You, I have now learned, are not so honest.

And so, let's move on from this particular thread... because there really is nothing more I can or wish to say. You will change it, turn it inside out, or after saying, "Give me 1, 2, 3..." and I do... next say, "No, I meant 1a, no, 1a(i), no, I meant 1a(i)(1), no, I need 1a(i)(1)(a)... no, wait, I didn't mean 1 at all; I meant 1.088321." That's BS and while I may not know a lot about science, I know BS. When I see it and smell it. And it's gotten really stinky in here.

So, peace to you... and perhaps we'll meet again on another thread. Perhaps even the same or a similar subject. But not this one any longer because there's just way too much deceit going on here, for me.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit