Hey, I'm new here! :)

by Alan_56 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Alan_56
    Alan_56

Hey guy's how it going? My name is Alan_56 and I'm new here on the forum! I've been reading a lot of the information that was posted up here for a while and I truly believe now that jehovah's witnesses do not have the truth, and that I have been living a lie my entire life. I'm 17 years old an I am a publisher in my congregation. I'm sooooo thankful that I found this site and this is not the truth! For months now i've been trying to figure out how I'm going to leave this organization, but its not easy unfortuatly. Lately I've been getting tons of pressure to get baptised and its been stressing me out to the point that I am just so depressed, Why should I have to get batised if I dont want to? The reason why I want to leave this organization so bad is because I want to live the rest of my life with out guilt,fear and all sorts of crap that the WT has put on me. I just want to be a normal teenager with a normal life.

• elderelite
    elderelite

welcome Alan.. Its a little slow around here at this time night but Its nice to "meet" you as it were. Look forward to getting to know you.

*when folks get to pressuring you just let them know you haven't made a personal dedication yet and dont want to be hypocritical in your baptism..

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice to meet you Alan, welcome to the board.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Nice to meet you.

If your unsure be Honest. If you are dedicating your life to Jehovah... it comes down to are you worthy?

If you feel doubt...... your not ready!

• yknot
    yknot

You could always screw up the questions ala EPIC FAIL......

The fastest way out and away is

(a) college

(b) military

Best to keep a low profile until reaching legal adulthood and graduating from high school.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Congratulations Alan! I was 19 when I bailed....that was 30 years ago. I only wish I had known then what you know now. I went around all those years still believing that it was the true religion and Jehovah was gonna whack me at Armageddon... but I figured a few years of enjoying myself was better than eternal life as a JW.

LOL!

Welcome little bro.

~Jimmy C., the Prodigal Son.

• yknot
    yknot

If you continue to get pressured start asking questions about the baptism.......

Only use WTS material found on the CD so as not to ring any alarms of apostasy.....

To help you sift through all the CD material consider JWN poster Paul's site (and his username on the board) http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/baptism.php

Harp on

*** w55 7/1 p. 411 par. 15 Christian Baptism for the New World Society ***
    15 A Christian, therefore, cannot be baptized in the name of the one actually doing the immersing or in the name of any man, nor in the name of any organization, but in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit. This shows, among other things, that Christianity is not a denominational affair, that sects have nothing to do with it. “Does the Christ exist divided? Paul was not impaled for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I am thankful I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one may say that you were baptized in my name.”—1 Cor. 1:13-15, NW.

*** w66 10/1 pp. 603-604 par. 15 Serving with Everlasting Life in View ***
    This is what we mean when we dedicate our lives to Jehovah. We do not dedicate ourselves to a religion, nor to a man, nor to an organization. No, we dedicate ourselves to the Supreme Sovereign of the Universe, our Creator, Jehovah God himself. This makes dedication a very personal relationship between us and Jehovah

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Or...the fastest way out is....flip off an elder.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Welcome! It's nice to meet you.

So happy you realized all this before you made any hasty decisions. I was 19 when I was baptized...but I didn't realize it was all a lie till almost 10 years later!

Follow your heart. You need to live your life for you...not anyone else.

I sent you a PM...check the little envelope at the top of your screen.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I bid you welcome Alan_56,

So goes a saying from the 60's: Turn on, tune in, drop out. Hang in there. We're are pulling for you.

V665

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit