Anyone take depression/anxiety meds?

by tresdecu 35 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Personally I find crap like the September Study Watchtower to be pretty damn depressing and I'm sure more and more active Witnesses are too. If that's the problem, how do they deal with it? Pray more, study more, service more, and when (not if) that doesn't work, pop some pills.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Yes I take a Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (SSRI).

It helps to smooth stuff out for me & lowers anxiety.

Wouldn't be without it!

• Quando
    Quando

I am an all natural gal and stay away from "SIN"-thetic drugs.

HOWEVER....they can keep you spiritually or in your case "tresdeco" Theocratically dumbed down in order to function on a daily basis, I say go for it!

And if your taking one of them and it is not working you can add Abilify...it will make you feel like those happy smiling people in the commercial.

• Mary
    Mary

In the winter time, I suffer badly from Seasonal Affective Disorder if I go for more than 3 or 4 days without seeing the sun. So I take 3,000 - 5,000mg of Vitamin D3 + Folic Acid and that helps enormously.

• wasblind
    wasblind

hey Mary,

I never heard of that, but come to think of it, if it rains or is cloudly for more than a day, it does gets me down somewhat.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In one congregation I was in, there was a group taking prozac - we called them "The Prozac Posse"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit