Anyone take depression/anxiety meds?

by tresdecu 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bigbird
    bigbird

There is nothing wrong with taking depression and anxiety medication with conjuction with therapy. Mental illness is a disease just like diabetes, cancer, and the flu, there is nothing a person can do about obtaining the disease, and is in no way related to whether or not they join a religion, as there are many many different people diagnosed. On top of that there is many more that are a shammed or too proud to seek treatment. If you feel your depression symptoms are lasting longer than two weeks or something that is affecting your life in a negative way call up your local community health center and ask for a referral to speak with a counselor. Help is available and works!

• wasblind
    wasblind

"There is nothing wrong with taking depression and anxiety medication with conjuction with therapy"

this is so true, but the fact is that when you are told by any religion to be devoid of any natural feeling for a family member and to treat them as if they are dead, these kinds of religions contribute to the use of these meds. And if you already have a mental illness, being in the Organization only makes it worse.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I take meds for anxiety.

Syl

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Celexa

For Anxiety

• wasblind
    wasblind

I remember one time after being in field service me and another sister decided to kick back and relax at her house, while watching our midday show on tv she took some meds, she volunteered cause i didn't ask, to tell me what she was taking and why.

On my way home i ask myself this #1) Ain't she glad some college educated person contributed to making that medication,

#2) I hope she ain't told nobody that JW's are the happiest people on earth. While I was in field service I admit I told lies on behalf of the WTS, but I never told that one.

• littlebird
    littlebird

Yes, I do and the world is a happier place, lol.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Littlebird, the world is a happier place because you are in it, and because you have lifted that burden, that you had as a husband off of your back I am so happy for you.

I never had to take anything for depression but while I was dealing with that religion, I went from being on one blood pressure med to two different kinds, after I stopped attending the KH, several months later I was back on just one.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Medication is to treat an illness. Would you take insulin if you weren't diabetic? If you don't have an illness, psychiatric medications have a limited psychological effect unless you take narcotics like Xanax or Vicodin. Those are pain killers, not medication.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Medication is to treat an illness. Would you take insulin if you weren't diabetic? If you don't have an illness, psychiatric medications have a limited psychological effect unless you take narcotics like Xanax or Vicodin. Those are pain killers, not medication.

AIW what are you basing these statements on? Are you trying to say that psychiatric illnesses do not exist? Psychiatric (psychotropic) meds have a limited psychological effect? You don't know what you're talking about. And BTW, Xanax is an anti-anxiety medication, not a pain medication.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I recommend Mood Formula Vita Logic 2 tablets daily, I do not take them often unless I really need it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit