Dorky Geeky Gamer Thread

by agonus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• peacedog
    peacedog

How did I miss Adventure!? Loved that game...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Hmm.. I could list all my favorite old games, but this thread needs more pictures!

At least, these are the PC games (and a few dreamcast) I still have the boxes for. My favorites would be StarControl, Descent II, Theif, FF7/8 (for PC!), Morrowind, and obviously the older Tomb Raider games. (The image is larger if you right-click and pick 'view')

I wish I had more older boxes, back when they were big and neat (instead of the dvd-style boxes).

- Lime

• bohm
    bohm

Two words: Grim Fandango.

"It shone, pale as bone

as i stood there alone

and thought how the moon

that night shone its light

on my hearts true delight

and the reef where her body was strewn."

• agonus
    agonus

bohm,

How about LucasArts' other overlooked masterpiece, Sam & Max Hit the Road?

Good thinking on the Atari website, that didn't even cross my mind. Downright altruistic of them to offer browser games!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Descent II. Sweet. Makes me wanna dig out my CH Flightstick and throttle,...

If I had the hours back exploring those mines and kickin' boss a$$,....

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, we have Valve primarily to thank for the latest zombie craze, however, they also were the ones responsible for Gordon and pals. Unfortunately they left us high and dry with the Half Life series after promising Episode 3 then abandoning the franchise for Left For Dead.

Come on Valve, give us some love! What happens with Alyx's dad? Will the Vortigaunts resurrect him like they did Alyx?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Dorky Geeky Gamer?

Well I used to program little games in Extended Basic on my TI99/4A and saved them to cassette. lol! They didn't play very well, but it was lots of fun anyway back in 1983.

I played Lode Runner quite a bit on the old PCs, but I got away from video games after High School. That changed when I got a Nintendo 64 in 1997. One of my first favorite games on it was Mischief Makers. I don't care how good your N64 emulator is (and I've tried the best), the only way to play MM is on the console! Another Nintendo 64 favorite of mine is Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber. You can play it on an emulator, but the best way is still the cartridge. Finally, Space Station Silicon Valley rounds out my list of lesser known console favorites.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Well I used to program little games in Extended Basic on my TI99/4A and saved them to cassette. lol! They didn't play very well, but it was lots of fun anyway back in 1983.

Nice. The TI99/4A was my first computer - I programmed games on that thing as well (as well as an 8-9 yr old could anyway). It had some fun little games too - Alpiner, Burger Time, The Attack...

My best game was a sort of pac-man clone using text-based graphics (setcursor and print sort of thing). Eventually the cassette's would always fail on me after too many play/records and all my work would be lost.

- Lime

• peacedog
    peacedog

One word: ZORK

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Watch out for them grus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit