Dorky Geeky Gamer Thread

by agonus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Just polling: What are some of your favorite classic and/or obscure video/computer games?

Lately I've been having an absolute blast with a PC Engine emulator called "Ootake." If you're not familiar with the PC Engine, it was a console that was huge in Japan but flopped in the U.S. as the "TurboGrafx-16". So far as I can tell, it was the first console (though technically 8-bit) to offer CD-ROM capabilities. I've been playing Dracula X, Sapphire, R-Type, Forgotten Worlds, all the CD games I missed out on as a teen/young adult.

How about you? Any games you recommend that others are missing out on?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHX_Attack_Chopper

If anyone knows how I can play this on a modern PC, please let me know.

• agonus
    agonus

Leaving,

Have you tried DosBox? Another fab program that really greases my gears!

• agonus
    agonus

DosBox for the PC version, and any Genesis/MegaDrive emulator (Gens is a good one) for the Sega version.

• agonus
    agonus

RETRO GAMING FOREVER!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'll give that a shot. Thank you.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Centipede! That is my number one fav. Tetris, I have that one in a plug-n-play and sometimes I'll play for a while to relax.

• agonus
    agonus

Those are great games Serenity! Anything you like that's more obscure? I'm always on the hunt for overlooked classics.

My two favorite "rare" arcade games (at least in the States): Strider and Sidearms. Capcom rocked the house way before the '90s.

• sabastious
  • agonus
    agonus

We've all played Pac-Man, but how many of you remember Pac-Man Plus? Ghosts that disappear and turn into apples, Coca-Cola cans... trippy shit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit