Dorky Geeky Gamer Thread

by agonus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch

LodeRunner and Pool of Radiance on the Commodore64

• agonus
    agonus

Amiga was so far ahead of its time. Too bad it never caught on in the States the way it did in Europe. Hell, coders over there still make demos for the damn thing... and mighty impressive ones to boot!

Origin and great games? Two words buddy: SYSTEM SHOCK! Better than Half-Life? Blasphemy! But it's true (IMNSHO).

Leolaia, I was in high school when the Blue Blur first made his appearance on the Genesis! Funny, I had you pegged as quite a bit older than me - due to your maturity no doubt :)

Ah, good old Lode Runner! Back before modders were actually called "modders" :)

• agonus
    agonus

Amiga was so far ahead of its time. Too bad it never caught on in the States the way it did in Europe. Hell, coders over there still make demos for the damn thing... and mighty impressive ones to boot!

Origin and great games? Two words buddy: SYSTEM SHOCK! Better than Half-Life? Blasphemy! But it's true (IMNSHO).

Leolaia, I was in high school when the Blue Blur first made his appearance on the Genesis! Funny, I had you pegged as quite a bit older than me - due to your maturity no doubt :)

Ah, good old Lode Runner! Back before modders were actually called "modders" :)

• agonus
    agonus

Remember Jumpman? It was a trip on the PCjr. 3 simultaneous waveforms and low-res 16-color graphics when my friends' PCs were stuck in the land of CGA.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

And the funny thing is, when people meet me, they often assume I'm 10 years younger than I really am.

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ She just lets her older sister post when she wants to drive a point home.

-Sab

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL yeah it's my evil sister Reoraia who is the hybolic one.

• agonus
    agonus

In that case, you must look a lot younger than I feel right now. :)

• agonus
    agonus

Rewritable media? You young whippersnappers! Why in my day, we kids saved our games on CASSETTES! Tape heads, there's your rewritable media, sonny!

• agonus
    agonus

I shouldn't feel so bad... I recently talked with an Air Force Vet who saved his work on.... gaaaahhh... PUNCH CARDS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit