Challenge to DJeggnog Regarding his Lies.

by Essan 209 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving
    Djeggnog said: "in the past, Jehovah used angels to communicate with men (Hebrews 1:1, 2), but among men He raised up many prophets to speak on His behalf, and, really, except for the archangel that God sent to us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest prophet among men that has ever lived here on earth, they were a ll of these men that prophesied, all represented Jehovah, all spoke in Jehovah's name, as did Jesus, as did Paul, as did Russell, as even do I. When I speak the words of God in your hearing, @Essan, it is it not I that is speaking, but you should know that it is Jehovah that is speaking to you."

DJeggnogg you sound like the birdcatcher of ps91:3 from whom we need protection. What other reason could there possibly be for your words above?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Yes, I see "nothing wrong" with what I wrote. I'm 100% fine with what things I wrote in my previous post. Well, sort of. After I posted that message, I began to realize that I had wished to had added the following to what it was I posted:

That is the beginning of your problems, that ypou do NOT see anythign wrong with it.

"The Bible teaches that in the past, Jehovah used angels to communicate with men (Hebrews 1:1, 2), but among men He raised up many prophets to speak on His behalf, and, really, except for the archangel that God sent to us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest prophet among men that has ever lived here on earth, they were all of them imperfect men, but all of these men that prophesied, all represented Jehovah, all spoke in Jehovah's name, as did Jesus, as did Paul, as did Russell, as even do I. When I speak the words of God in your hearing, @Essan, it is it not I that is speaking, but you should know that it is Jehovah that is speaking to you."

Paul and Jesus NEVER spoke God's name, there is NO evidence of that at all, no mater hwo mush YOU may want it to be.

God speaks through Jesus, always has and always will and Jesus speaks to Us, all of us, none of us are any more special than another, we just have to listen.

FOr you to THINK that Jesus was an archangel is enough proof that Jesus does NOT speak through you, sorry.

What I say here to @Essan, I say also to you, @Psacramento.

My Friend, my relationship with Christ, the ONLY annointed of God and the only begotten Son of God, is and has been for some time, more than it seems you can understand at this popint, but I pray your eyes and ears are opened to Jesus, for only in His name is their salavation for Christians and it is TO HIM and HIS name that we are to be witnesse to.

You are not speaking for God but in your saying that you are, you are blasphemying against the Holy Spirit and my God and Jesus forgive you for that.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Eggnog,

Again I ask:

[Given that Russell believed the "parousia" to have occurred in 1874, and the establishment of the kingdom and Christ assuming power as king to have occurred in 1878,] what did he mean by COMPLETE establishment of the (already established since 1878) kingdom for 1914?

You caught another one of my typos. Good for you!

Typo. Freudian slip. Whatever...

Explain, if you possibly can, how "God's Messianic Kingdom", in all of its invisibleness, is now "trampling...these Gentile nations"
    Sure. It was in 1914 that the time had come blah blah blah blah blah....................................................

Uh-huh. I see. I guess it only makes sense that your magical fantasy INVISIBLE kingdom would be INVISIBLY TRAMPLING the nations...

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@The Finger:

Although you emphasized the words in the 1968 WT. Perhaps, could, would, remember that this is six years later, time is running out.

I believe I understand exactly what this 1968 Watchtower was saying and not saying, but I submit that you did not understand it to be making certain hypothetical allusions -- which is what this article you read back in 1968 was doing! -- so that it is clear to me that you concluded from you evidently read in that Watchtower article, or in one of the other WTS publications, to have actually supplanted what the Bible itself says at Matthew 24:36.

Please listen to what I am saying to you here, and this is me speaking to you, and not the Lord: Jehovah's Witnesses do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible (1 Corinthians 4:6) so as to alter the inspired word of God, and should any one of them do that, we do not hesitate to tell the one that has gone beyond the things that have been written (a) that the Bible doesn't support their statement, and (b) that they ought not be teaching things that the Bible itself does not say.

IOW if the Bible doesn't say "Armageddon is coming in the year 1975," then you should not be assuming Jesus' words at Matthew 24:36 ("Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.") to mean something inapposite to what Jesus actually did say in this verse, nor should you assume that because one of Jehovah's Witnesses may be an elder or circuit or district overseer, or a member of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that he is obliged to contradict Jesus' words at Matthew 24:36 and positively state that "Armageddon is coming in 1975" or in any other year, when you yourself know that from your having read the Bible yourself that no one knows "that day and hour" when the end will come.

Do not permit yourself to be "bedazzled" by someone position of responsibility with God's organization for no one that would undermine or contradict anything that God's word states should be taken seriously. There are many Jehovah's Witnesses today that are just like you that will read something in one of our publications that causes them some concern as to what it means and will either rely upon their own understanding of what they've read (Proverbs 3:5) or they will ask someone else as ignorant as they are about the matter that has caused them some concern, and take such agreement as fact. This is why Jesus said that "at the mouth of two or three witnesses" is a matter to be established." (Matthew 18:16)

One of these second or third witnesses does not have to be an appointed servant, but can be a spiritually mature sister or a spiritually mature brother in the congregation, or it could be a circuit overseer.

The statement "Evening of seventh creative day begins,4026 BCE." backed up by "morning of the seventh creative day begins, 526 BCE." page 131 of the Gods Eternal Purpose book.

And...?

"The first half or "evening" period of God's seventh creative "day" was now closing, 3,500 years from creation of Adam and EVE. The morning of this creative "day" was due to begin at 526 BCE."

And so...?

No "perhaps" and you made the point how the "truth" is what is currently taught and that is what was current in 1974/5

The truth is the truth and that is never going to change. But what may change is our understanding of it, for if we should find that we are mistaken about something, we would not behave as if our former understanding were correct, would we? For example, if you should run out of gas late at night in a location some four miles away from the nearest gas station, you would certainly not walk two miles in the opposite direction toward a gas station that you know has been closed for months because that gas station is two miles closer than the other gas station, would you? No, for you will have added an additional four miles to what would have been a four-mile trek to the nearest gas station for a total of eight miles, wouldn't you?

The truth is that the nearest gas station is four miles away so once you realize what the truth is, you would not hold on to your former understanding of what you thought had been the truth, but would abandon what you had formerly believed to have been the truth in order to hold on to what you know to be the truth.

If you knew from your reading of the Bible that no one could have possibly known the "day and hour," then you should not have believed what you had understood from what you read in this Watchtower article or this other WTS publication, the God's Eternal Purpose Now Triumphing book, to have been saying to have actually been saying what it is what that you concluded it to have been saying. When in doubt, when something you hear doesn't sound right, then you should ask someone to explain the matter to you as if you were a two year old so that you can be sure that you aren't being misled by someone enthusiasm during a public talk or a convention part or by your own inherent ability to be able to comprehend everything that you read correctly. (Acts 8:31)

@djeggnog wrote:

The Bible teaches that in the past, Jehovah used angels to communicate with men (Hebrews 1:1, 2), but among men He raised up many prophets to speak on His behalf, and, really, except for the archangel that God sent to us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest prophet among men that has ever lived here on earth, they were all of them imperfect men, but all of these men that prophesied, all represented Jehovah, all spoke in Jehovah's name, as did Jesus, as did Paul, as did Russell, as even do I. When I speak the words of God in your hearing, @Essan, it is [...] not I that is speaking, but you should know that it is Jehovah that is speaking to you.

@Essan wrote:

Wow. Just wow. Have you seen the film "Defendor" Dj?

Why? What possible connection could there possibly be to my having watched a particular movie (or not watched a particular movie!) with your listening to what things God says through His word, the Bible?

@djeggnog wrote:

Yes, I see "nothing wrong" with what I wrote. I'm 100% fine with what things I wrote in my previous post. Well, sort of. After I posted that message, I began to realize that I had wished to [have] added the following to what it was I posted:

"The Bible teaches that in the past, Jehovah used angels to communicate with men (Hebrews 1:1, 2), but among men He raised up many prophets to speak on His behalf, and, really, except for the archangel that God sent to us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest prophet among men that has ever lived here on earth, they were all of them imperfect men, but all of these men that prophesied, all represented Jehovah, all spoke in Jehovah's name, as did Jesus, as did Paul, as did Russell, as even do I. When I speak the words of God in your hearing, @Essan, it is [...] not I that is speaking, but you should know that it is Jehovah that is speaking to you."

@Psacramento wrote:

That is the beginning of your problems, that [you] do NOT see [anything] wrong with it.

Ok.

Paul and Jesus NEVER spoke God's name, there is NO evidence of that at all, no [matter how much] YOU may want it to be.

Ok.

God speaks through Jesus, always has and always will and Jesus speaks to Us, all of us, none of us are any more special than another, we just have to listen.

Ok.

FOr you to THINK that Jesus was an archangel is enough proof that Jesus does NOT speak through you, sorry.

Ok.

@djeggnog wrote:

What I say here to @Essan, I say also to you, @Psacramento.

@Psacramento wrote:

My Friend, my relationship with Christ, the ONLY [anointed] of God and the only begotten Son of God, is and has been for some time, more than it seems you can understand at this [point], but I pray your eyes and ears are opened to Jesus, for only in His name is their [salvation] for Christians and it is TO HIM and HIS name that we are to be [witness] to.

Ok.

You are not speaking for God but in your saying that you are, you are [blaspheming] against the Holy Spirit and my God and Jesus [will not] forgive you for that.

Ok.

@djeggnog

• The Finger
    The Finger

Djeggnog,

You must believe what you want and so must I. We shall both be judged.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

well i find I can agree with many of the points you are now making DJeggnog - as your faith, and the experience you describe, and where it takes you, sounds okay but only so long as you don't see this as a reason to tell others what they must adhere to.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DJ, IF you are going to quote me, to NOT change what I wrote by bracketing my words ALA the NWT in Colossians, ok?

• Essan
    Essan

Dj said:

"Jehovah's Witnesses do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible (1 Corinthians 4:6) so as to alter the inspired word of God, and should any one of them do that, we do not hesitate to tell the one that has gone beyond the things that have been written (a) that the Bible doesn't support their statement, and (b) that they ought not be teaching things that the Bible itself does not say."

The unique JW doctrinal framework is composed almost entirely of teachings that "go beyond what is written" and, therefore, so do your beliefs DJ. So you are being rather hypocritical here. We have told the Society they are wrong to do this and we have withdrawn from them because they do not listen and continue to do it, persisting in disobeying God.

But seeing as you encourage confronting one who goes beyond what is written, let me tell you as a 'for instance', that just as the Bible does not say the End would come in 1975 it also does not not say that the Kingdom was established in Heaven in 1914. So, stop going beyond the things written DJ!

Dj says:

"If the Bible doesn't say "Armageddon is coming in the year 1975," then you should not be assuming Jesus' words at Matthew 24:36 ("Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.") to mean something inapposite to what Jesus actually did say in this verse, nor should you assume that because one of Jehovah's Witnesses may be an elder or circuit or district overseer, or a member of the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses that he is obliged to contradict Jesus' words at Matthew 24:36"

But the Watchtower says in stark contradiction:

"One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. - The Watchtower, "Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?", August 15, 1968

So, you tell us we should never dismiss Jesus words at Matt. 24:36, but the Society told us in the run up to 1975 not to pay strict attention to Jesus words, but insisted we fixate on 1975 despite what Jesus said. You are correct in this, of course, and they were very wrong. Thank you for providing the contrast to prove our point and to show how the Society does go beyond what is written and does dismiss clear Scriptural instructions.

Dj said:

"Do not permit yourself to be "bedazzled" by someone position of responsibility with God's organization for no one that would undermine or contradict anything that God's word states should be taken seriously...If you knew from your reading of the Bible that no one could have possibly known the "day and hour," then you should not have believed what you had understood from what you read in this Watchtower article or this other WTS publication"

Precisely. Sage advice. That is why we do not take the Society seriously. But we have taken God's advice in Deuteronomy regarding "False Prophets" and we "do not get frightened at them". They have proven themselves false and unworthy of our attention and fellowship. THey have not proven to qualify as "God's Organization" and so we feel no obligation to have anything to do with them. And you are right that it is actually a good understanding of Scripture that will lead to one rejecting the false teachings of the Society and the Society itself, as a false teacher. That is why most of us are here - because we have greater respect for what the Bible actually says than the JW's who have been deceived into paying greater infinitely attention to what the men of the Society say.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@The Finger:

You must believe what you want and so must I. We shall both be judged.

You have the God-given right to believe what you want, even to believe lies if that is what you should choose to do. And, yes, it is a fact that we both shall be judged for the choices we make.

@Psacramento:

DJ, IF you are going to quote me, to NOT change what I wrote by bracketing my words ALA the NWT in Colossians, ok?

Here's the thing: Some of the people that have joined his forum and have posted messages to it are educated people, educated people like me. You are here equating my use of brackets in correcting your typos as akin to being in "NWT" style because you are lacking somewhere when it comes to education and you are sounding rather stupid to be chiding someone for their use of brackets in their posts because you never quite understood why such were inserted into the text of the NWT, and the text of the KJV, and the text of what Bible translation you might name, as brackets are used in all of these Bible translations for the very same reason that they are used in the NWT.

I won't tell you why brackets are used in the NWT, but I used them in quoting you for a very different reason that such are used in the NWT. Perhaps it would be good for you to ask someone that you respect the reason or maybe you could just visit a community college somewhere (assuming that you at least have a high school diploma!) and take a class in English grammar, which would be better than your remaining in your current state of literacy. I readily admit that I'm a bad typist -- I'm the typo king! -- but what excuse do you have really for the illiteracy you exhibit? Did you have to quit high school or elementary school to take employment somewhere in order to take care of your siblings or what? Or do you even have an excuse?

@djeggnog wrote:

The Bible teaches that in the past, Jehovah used angels to communicate with men (Hebrews 1:1, 2), but among men He raised up many prophets to speak on His behalf, and, really, except for the archangel that God sent to us, the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest prophet among men that has ever lived here on earth, they were all of them imperfect men, but all of these men that prophesied, all represented Jehovah, all spoke in Jehovah's name, as did Jesus, as did Paul, as did Russell, as even do I. When I speak the words of God in your hearing, @Essan, it is [...] not I that is speaking, but you should know that it is Jehovah that is speaking to you.

@Psacramento wrote:

Do you see nothing wrong with what you wrote here?

@quietlyleaving wrote:

What other reason could there possibly be for your words above?

My words (quoted above) were by way of response to something that the OP (@Essan here) had written in connection with Russell being a false prophet and by extension Jehovah's Witnesses due to @Essan's belief that Jehovah's Witnesses are really preaching "another good news" and not the good news of the kingdom of God. By this, @Essan referencing certain verbiage from scriptures like Galatians 1:6-9, scriptures that he thinks he understands, to accuse me of being "accursed" in what I have said here, all in furtherance of his anti-Russell "doctrine," he questions the veracity of the work that I do in connection with God's kingdom.

I only wanted to point out to these two men (to @Essan and to Psacramento) that I do not speak of my own originality in the things I have said here with respect to Russell's being a prophet of God, but sough to point out to him that whenever I should find myself using the Bible to explain to someone, as did the apostle Paul, why "it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead" (Acts 17:3), by my quoting from the Bible, I may be prophesying, that is to say, I may be uttering the inspired word of God as God's prophet, but it is through me that God speak. Jehovah has always has used messengers -- both angelic and human -- as spokespeople to carry His message to the people to whom it is directed. But now, as Paul goes on to say at Acts 17:30, God is now "telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent" through his Christian servants.

It is through men like Russell and through other people as we; that Jehovah raised up by means of His spirit to help us to appreciate the meaning of the Scriptures, which enables us to help others to appreciate these things, to become reconciled to God through Christ, to dedicate themselves to God to do His will and get baptized, which is the work that the Lord Jesus Christ has given all of his followers to do.

I added:

And just as folks received the apostle Paul as if he were "an angel of God, like Christ Jesus" (Galatians 4:14), my hope, @Essan, is that you will receive me as you would that chief angel of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, and give some thought to what you're going to do before the end comes.

Now you say:

well i find I can agree with many of the points you are now making DJeggnog - as your faith, and the experience you describe, and where it takes you, sounds okay but only so long as you don't see this as a reason to tell others what they must adhere to.

But as a servant of God, I must tell others to what they must adhere by way of the Bible since it is my charge to "preach the word, [to] be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, [to] reprove, to reprimand, to exhort, with all long-suffering and art of teaching." (2 Timothy 4:2) No, I don't say that I am 'the master over anyone's faith,' for in truth it is by means of one's own faith that one either stands or falls to Jehovah, but, as a member of God's household, I work for Jehovah, I dwell in God's spiritual house rendering sacred service to Him "day and night." (2 Corinthians 1:24; Revelation 7:15)

If one has faith in God and in His word, then they will listen to my word and know that what things I say to them are what Jehovah Himself says to all of us in His word, the Bible, so if anyone should observe Jesus' words, they, in turn will observe my word also, which is why Jesus made request for those putting faith in him through my word, through the word of his disciples. (John 15:20; 17:20) Hence, if I should speak, if I should prophesy, it is not I that is speaking, but is Jehovah that speaks, for it is His word that I am speaking.

@djeggnog

• Essan
    Essan

"Arthur Poppington is a regular but delusional man who believes that he is a superhero named Defendor."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit