Watchtower Organization.... A "Sexual paradise" What do you think?

by koolaid-man 33 Replies latest jw friends

• pmljohn
    pmljohn

Yesidid - No, my father did not share his confidential meetings with me. He was and still is one of the "strict, by the book" JW's. To a fault, I might add. No, I learned so many secrets the old fashioned way. I paid attention to everything going on. For example - the phone rings at our home. I answer. It's brother so-in-so, asking to speak to my father. He picks up the extension in his office. I can and do one of several things. Hang up, cover the receiver and listen, or start paying attention to that brother and his family. Before to long I see his and his wife arriving in different cars. Then they no longer hold hands during prayer. The microphone privelage for that brother is suddenly removed, leaving me scrambling for replacements. The wife disappears after the meeting, into a back room with my dad and 2 other "elders." Before to long we get either an announcement of disfellowship, or better, a pointed talk, usually about the dangers of sex, sexual acts, sexual movies, sexual whatever. It does not take a genius to figure out what was going on and who was doing who. I could see it bouncing across the hall, a sly glance here, a hurried conversation there. Really, if you paid attention, you could see it all. And I did. And like I said at the top, I sometimes heard it on the phone or read the notes in my fathers office at a later date. I liked to snoop. I will say again, that my father did not violate the rules. I am sure many do and did, but he was not one of them.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Sign me up for oral and anal

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Thank you Nathan. I will not let them harsh my mellow.

• donuthole
    donuthole

For what is worth I have to throw my lot in with the posters who believe the 6-Screens site is rather off-putting.

When I first saw the youtube videos where Rick was ranting about the "destructive Jehovah's Witness cult", I thought man this guy seems pretty out there, I hope he doesn't firebomb a Kingdom Hall. I'm not saying he would, but I'm honestly saying that was my first impression. Then it got to the antics of standing outside Kingdom Halls and harassing those attending a memorial and this one dude had a paper bag over his head and he was the "unknown" JW and they recruited some kids from the neighborhood who had absolutely nothing to do with JW's to hold protest signs (they seemed just interested in causing trouble) ... well ... that was my first taste and last taste of 6 screens -- a very bad taste.

My experience is that the Watchtower organization is not a "sexual paradise". Yeah there is sex and some cases of extreme sex but as whole it is rather limited because the Watchtower actively teaches against extra-marital sex and rigourlessly enforces those rules. So I'm going to have to call sensationalism on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit