More Mother Wars!

by ColdRedRain 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This topic reminds me of my new favorite show:

The new season starts this weekend on A&E

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Oh grow up! You’re over 21 aren’t you? Then find a job and move out of home. Move in with your girlfriend and learn how adults live.

All your mother has thrown out are your toys. It’s not like she’s thrown out family photographs or irreplaceable antiques. If you leave your toys laying around, then she’s simply following the old mum rule of, “if it’s on the floor, it gets thrown out”.

• ziddina
    ziddina

It sounds like your mother could be in the early stages of Alzheimers...

But NOW is the time for you to begin changing your life... Believe me, if you don't start right now, when you're young, you will REALLY regret it later on!!!

Get a job. Get ANY job - as long as it's legal. While you are looking for employment, practice for the job by getting up early, set a schedule for yourself and STICK to it, as well as you can.

After you've gotten the job, keep it as long as you can. Learn to SAVE YOUR MONEY - and that is REALLY hard for most people, so if you succeed, you'll be way out in front of the herd...

Getting organized is somewhat similar to going on an exercise program, cleaning up your diet, or any other self-improvement program. It's like 'bulking' up... It is most effective when done consistently...

If you have been spending time away from home, see if you can get a job that has similar hours... That way, your mother won't be as likely to demand that you hand over all of your money...

While we're on that subject, your listing of personal possessions indicates that you had a lot of disposable income... Is your mother perhaps resentful that you DIDN'T help out with household expenses and home maintenance???

I think that, deep down, you know what you will need to do, to truly straighten out your life. It's called taking responsibility for your life, and speaking from personal experience, I KNOW it's hard to do - ESPECIALLY when hobbled by the Watchtower's idiotic, out-of-touch-with-reality edicts...

But look at it this way...

What if you ended up in a wilderness area - or thrown back through time about 8,000 years??? What if you DID suddenly get thrown out on the streets??

You'd HAVE to change - and change FAST - to survive.

So, do it NOW - make the changes you need to make, and you'll be a "self-starter" - PRO-active, not RE-active...

That would put you WAAAAAYY out in front of the 'crowd' - even further out in front of the "Great Crowd", too

Best of results to you. Self-control is irritating, but necessary - in the REAL world, as well as the imaginary world of the Watchtower...

Besides, you will be AMAZED at what you will accomplish in the future, if you develop inner strengths...

Zid

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sounds to me like she is not so much 'cleaning up the house' as trying to 'clean you out'.

i have no doubt she is aware of the value of your stuff both in $ and sentimental.

she's giving you a message

and it aint a nice one

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit