More Mother Wars!

by ColdRedRain 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Sounds like you and mom are perfect for each other..lol

If you aren't there when she cleans where are you? If you don't have a job or going to school,(I'm assuming) you should be there all the time..with all your free time your house should be spotless..If you have no income you owe it to your mom to clean whenever you can for room and board alone.

You can call the Health department and report the house but then you will get the joy of living in a shelter..

Only solution I can see is take the bull by the horns and clean it yourself. Without her help.

And sadly, the JW's forgot to tell the people of all the downsides of Home Schooling your kids... Too many are suffering because of it.

I have seen several climb out of their hole and gone for some state assisted schooling. They worked to get their GED's and went on to take college courses..the government helped pay for it too!

You can sit and groan about the situation or you can do something about it..

Best of luck in your decision..

Snoozy.

ps..Don't see it as one large area..just take baby steps and clean an area at a time. And buy a lot of strong trash bags..lol

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Are you still dressing Gothic? That will often keep you from getting a job (except in a tattoo parlor ) also..think about your appearance presentation..it really does count.

When someone comes in dressed as a gothic..they are often seen as a rebellious person. Many will turn them away without even giving them a chance.

Your choice..stay like you are, living with your parents in a dirty house and being told what you can and cannot do or doing something positive about it.

Snoozy

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have a rule for myself, I always clean the house each time before I leave the house. It makes life alot easier. Well, your house is in very BIG mess like you have implied in your first post in this thread, start cleaning now and once it is very clean then apply my rule, then you will not have a problem ever again.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The house itself is beyond a pig sty. You can't see the floor, we have rats everywhere and the place reeks of mold.

And you're doing exactly what about that, dear CRR (peace to you!)... other than living with... and allowing your mother to live with... rats?

I tried to get my GF to help me clean the house so we could have a peaceful existence

Ahhh, so it's your mom's "mess"? Or do you need your GF to help you clean up YOUR mess? (If it's the latter and dear GF is here, please listen to me, child, and RUN!). And if you're old enough to HAVE a GF... what in the WORLD are you still doin' at your mom's?

It seems as though Catherine would rather have her own way all the time, which means her place is clean and my stuff is disregarded.

Couple things here: it's "her" place... and it appears that she wants it clean. Which means...

Here's how it worked in my house, dear CRR... when my kids were... well, kids: they either kept their rooms cleaned... or I did. And if I had to do it, anything that wasn't working... or in its proper place... got thrown out. Straight out. You wanna keep it? Put it away. Otherwise, if I have to put it away, it's gonna go in the easiest place for ME: the garbage bag I carried around with me while I cleaned.

See? I'm hoping you do.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

You should get Married it's alot easier to tell your Wife to clean your Toenail clippings that have been there for a couple weeks than your Mom.

And now it begins

• Quandry
    Quandry

I don't know how you were raised, but the thing of it is, you obviously recognize filth and dirt. Why would you ask your girlfriend to help you clean? Did she make the mess?

Take some responsibility for your surroundings, and some pride. Have a place for all your things, and keep them there.

Just start small in cleaning. Take one room....perhaps the bathroom. Throw out all trash. take rugs out, wash them, hang outside to dry. Dryers will take the backing off. Take everything off the counter. Scrub with cleanser, then rinse. Or use a spray cleaner and paper towels. Clean the outside of the commode with the spray cleanser, the inside with toilet bowl cleaner. Mop the floor. Put the dry rugs back. Wipe off all counter items and put them back.

There....looks better already.

Get to the next room.

You can do it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

CRR, I remember that your Mom is holding your large sum of money, do the very best as you can while you are under her roof, clean up the house the best as you can daily, before you know it, she would probably be more than happy to release the money to you. Do not give her hard time. No talking back to your mother! Cooperate daily. Just my thoughts. Good Luck!

• blondie
    blondie

CRR, in query to asilentone's statement, how is it that your mother has physical control over YOUR money? Is it legally yours or just an inheritance you anticipate in the future?

• Night Owl
    Night Owl
    So far, this is what she's thrown out because she's too effing arrogant to accept help or input from a "worldly person".

You are confusing arrogance with something else. She resents you being there.

Your mother wants you to move out.

Night Owl

• asilentone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit