More Mother Wars!

by ColdRedRain 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

It's been an ongoing issue with my mother and me. The house is very large and it needs 2 people to clean up the area. She usually picks times when I'm not around to clean up the place to clean up and I pick times that are convienent for me (Saturdays and Sundays) to do the same. The only times she has saturdays and sundays to clean up the house, I never get a commitment from her. So she goes ahead and does it by herself. So far, this is what she's thrown out because she's too effing arrogant to accept help or input from a "worldly person".

300$ worth of CDs, including one of the few rare presses of a CD from a band that no longer exists.

A 150$ (At that time) PS2

Football jerseys worth 40 dollars

Video games worth 90$ on the open market

She nearly threw out my KHS full suspension bike frame that was nearly worth 150 dollars.

An mp3 player given to me by a friend worth 30 bucks, but means more since my friend Joel gave it to me.

My snowskate which was worth around 50$

My music posters, which by now, would be worth 200 dollars since Peter Steele passed away.

My snorkelling gear, which I got for free, but would cost about 100$ to replace.

I try to tell her that she's throwing out all of my valuables and I tried to explain to her how much they are worth to me both monetarially and sentimentally but she doesn't want to listen. So far, when I bring up that issue to her, she's either threatened to kick me out of the house (Again, this is a JW mother who homeschooled me and taught me little to no social skills whatsoever so this is pretty much a death sentance because it's a PITA to find a job) or to not clean the house. The house itself is beyond a pig sty. You can't see the floor, we have rats everywhere and the place reeks of mold. I tried to get my GF to help me clean the house so we could have a peaceful existence but she nearly called the police on her for tresspassing. It seems as though Catherine would rather have her own way all the time, which means her place is clean and my stuff is disregarded.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Please tell me you don't live in the Apartment in the Basement.

If you don't.............. Rest Home!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

????????

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

What are you confused about?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Is it her house?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Umm, yeah...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Dude, I don't know you or what your situation is, but from everything you've written here, you have absolutely no leverage in what will happen. Moreover, she wants you to get the hell out of her house.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

or you can candycoat it.....LOL

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Jesus. Sack up like a man, get a job and move out.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

He's probably working on it, NVL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit