What happened to the fish in the great flood?

by Beans 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beans
    Beans

Now if the world was covered in water was it salt water or fresh water and how did all the fish survive who were not adapted to the other type of water?

• flower
    flower

just one question...

who cares?

• Seeker
    Seeker

One of the innumerable reasons we know a global flood never happened.

• Beans
    Beans

Sorry I didn`t mean to ripple your peddles Flower!

• hippikon
    hippikon

Duh Don't you read your bible. They went into the ark Two by Two if they were unclean fish and if they were clean they went in by sevens. So that is seven trout, two oysters, two sharks, seven goldfish etc

Don't you know anything!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Here is a good place to start your research.
    http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

In here is a section by Alan Feuerbacher about the great flood.

Is this a light saber in my pocket or am I just happy to see you?

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Faithful_58
    Faithful_58

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have to agree with seeker here, it definately was a local flood.
    The reason all the different cultures talk about the great flood is because after the tower of babel fell and people went of in different directions they took this story with them.
    Just makes you wonder what other stories where blown out of preportions....
    Just my Humble opinion... LC

The highway of the upright is to depart from evil;
    He who watches his way preserves his life...

• aChristian
    aChristian

Beans,

Many Christians believe that the Bible is actually describing a flood that was confined to the land of Noah. This subject was recently here discussed at great length in a thread entitled "space.com dates Noah's flood to 2350 B.C." Here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=17590&site=3
    If you are seriously interested in this matter you may want to check it out.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hmm. Well, some fish drink water and others don't. As recall, salt water fish don't, they take in filtered water by a process of absorbtion through the skin known as osmosis. Lots of fish are able to survive in either type of water, mono fish, salmon, mollies etc, live in estuary water much of the time where salinity is always changing. Coral reef fish have no tolerance for change at all and will die if the salinity is reduced / increased by 15%. Conversely, Amazon fish such as symphosodun discus will tolerate zero salinity and demand low PH water if they are to survive.

So, yes, all of these more fussy fish would have been wiped out if the flood had been truly a global event.

Englishman.

Bring on the dancing girls!

• Beans
    Beans

Sorry Hippikon :I DON`T READ THE BIBLE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit