What happened to the fish in the great flood?

by Beans 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlanF
    AlanF

SYN, check this out: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/flood10.htm . It should give you a good starting point for further looking. I haven't looked at this stuff for 4-5 years now, so you're about as knowledgeable as I am on the latest info.

AlanF

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

In response to Thomas Poole's post:

Genesis 7

21 And ALL FLESH died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

The word earth here i'm sure could mean all the land in that area. So, in other words, the passage would read "..and all flesh died that moved upon the land..." Earth and land are interchangeable, unless a Bible scholar can reveal that the direct translation in this part of the Bible means the earth as in the whole wide world. I'm 16, so don't yell at me.

"No cool quote yet. but i'll think of one soon."

• David Gladden
    David Gladden

SYN,

Thanks! Their response was the usual threats about questioning the bible. I quickly learned to keep my mouth shut or face punishment.

• Gandalf
    Gandalf

Reply to Adonai: the reason that fish fossils are sometimes found on mountains is due to the movement of tectonic plates. Most sea fossils are found in ancient coral reefs where there is strong deposition of coral and other organisms that build up deep layers of sedimentary rock. Later, when the coastline collides with another continent the land is 'squashed up' to form a mountain range. One example is the Peak District in England near where I live, a small mountain range made of limestone which was once a reef and is filled with ancient sea fossils.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit