How do you handle the wickedness going on today?

by stillin9 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

I saw this video and thought about how he actually helped someone having problems and just his actions helped immensly.

Who knows what this girl was feeling, or dealing with.

Perhaps just trying to focus on helping others and seeing the end result of your effort would be a great influence in getting a handle on understanding how to personally deal with the evil in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSdLD_YodQ

• AGuest
    AGuest

Primarily by trying not to contribute to or be a part of it, dear Stillin (peace to you!)... but trying to live my life in a way that honors God and Christ... NOT "perfectly" as some view that word... but by honoring the lives of my fellow living beings... man and animal... however I can and/or need to do that (including helping those who ask me, forgiving those who "trespass" against me, and praying for mercy and release for some, including my "enemies").

My hope is not necessarily to gain life (although that would be nice, true!)... but to be genuine... true... and so walk the talk in a way that sets an example for my children and husband... and perhaps others... not just by what I say... but what I do... in front of God, Christ, the angels... and all of mankind.

I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

How do you handle the wickedness going on today?

Avoid it, since mans existence there has been so called wickedness, the worst era has to be biblical times,

according to history.

We are very lucking to be living in this era than the past, agree ?

But of course if you just read WT bullshit and not truly research history, your bound to believe

WTS. propaganda and live in ignorance of the facts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Back in the days of old, there was wickedness.
    Today there is wickedness.
    Tomorrow there will be wickedness.

It's nothing new. I say we are better off today with more modern conveniences to make life easier, but that leads to more time dedicated to things other than hunting/gathering/farming/searching for water.

Live a good life and watch your back. Don't be so obsessed with evil or wickedness that you cannot extend a hand every now and again to someone in need. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

• nugget
    nugget

it is more reassuring to think that as humans we make mistakes and can be affected by unforseen events than that there is some demonic superbeing out to get us all. If this were true why does he pick on the poor in countries such as Haiti and Parkistan it is irrational. It also does a grave disservice to all those people struggling to make the world a better place and understand how we can work with the natural forces around us.

The Bible is correct time and unforseen occurance does befall us all it is part of the human condition. What is always a positive is the generosity of strangers who see a need and respond to help. The watchtower view of charity is extremely questionable if no brothers are affected it doesn't count, that I suggest is harder to listen too than news accounts designed to raise awareness of need and spark charitable giving.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wickedness is far less than in the past (as in centuries ago), due to education and better methods to capture and hence deter crimes.

However, harmful acts still seem to be a natural part of human behaviour and show that we have a long way to go emotionally and intellectually.

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

sad to say but death sells and the media uses it. this century is different, death, tyranny, natural disasters have always been. its just now we have news access 24/7. no one in the USA 200 years ago would have known about an earthquake in Argentina or a flood in Pakistan. As far as a wicked demonic world i see that in a few sickos, murderers, pedophiles that do not belong in this world IMO. I try to take one day at a time and enjoy what i have and just realize i can only trust a couple people.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Same as all the wickedness going on since animals have existed. Eat a healthy diet, get plenty of exercise, stay well hydrated and use a lubricant when necessary.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I'm not convinced that there is more wickedness today than in the past, certainly not on a per-capita basis. Expanding on what Beks and others have said, the same bright media light that makes us aware of more wickedness than ever before also is a tool helping mankind push back against that wickedness. Extensive exposure of evil acts makes the world seem a more dangerous place, but also makes it harder to keep evil acts hidden and escape the consequences. Ignorance might make you feel better, but it isn't genuine bliss.

My two cents' worth -- GLT

• steve2
    steve2

A question guaranteed to rope in every sucker under the sun. Go read the blood-soaked book of Judges and then dare tell me today is worse. Each new generation has the hubris to believe it is living on the cusp of a special time in human history. Believe me, you and I will end long before "this system" ever does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit