The Word: Earth Created by Sound Waves

by cameo-d 58 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

Since I AM ignorant of these things, dear GN (peace to you!), let me see if I understand, based on what you state and what's in the article, please? Thank you!

"... the photon of light ceases to exists and an electron and a positron is emitted."

ARTICLE: "Occasionally an electron barreled into a photon with immense energy... That knocked the photon backward with such tremendous energy that it collided with several of the densely packed photons behind it and combined with them, creating an electron and a positron."

So this would be matter (electron)... colliding with a photon... and creating matter (i.e., electron (-) and positron (+)), right?

"However, if I am not mistaken, another particle of matter needed to be nearby."

Which would have to be the first electron, which is matter, right?

Anyway, when the electron and positron collide, they anniliate one another and the energy is released in a photon.

So, you're saying the photon resulting from the electron/positron collision is the matter? But a photon isn't matter, is it? Isn't it non-matter, a force/carrier? Electricity... and magnetism... or electromagnetism? So, wouldn't the experiment require the collision of two non-matter entities... in order to make matter out of "nothing" (non-matter)? I think that's borne out in what the article states:

ARTICLE: "The energy-to-matter conversion was made possible bythe incredibly strong electromagnetic fields that the photon-photon collisions produced."

So, what I get from this is that the "matter" was created NOT from the electron/positron collision (which is a particle/anti-particle... or two particles of matter... collision)... but from the photon/photon(s) (electromagnetic, and therefore, NOT matter, but force) collisions. Is that not accurate? And if it is accurate, wouldn't that mean that just by the force of one tiny bit of light/electricity colliding with another tiny bit of light/electricity, an electromagnetic force so strong resulted that something... matter... literally came out of nothing (the light/electricity, which is NOT matter but force)?

Again, I am NOT learned about these things, but isn't that what the article is saying? Please, I mean NO disrespect, but I am trying to understand things are way over my head and the articles claims. Your kind comments, therefore, will be GREATLY appreciated.

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ, the Light,

SA

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Leolaia, this is not "sound" as we know it and doesn't need "air". Everything in the universe "vibrates" in an AETHER, which is also known as "plasma", which makes up 99 percent of space. Our brains can presently only pick up a very narrow bandwidth of the total reality. If you want a glimpse of our potential, look at the dolphins and their telepathic communciations.

~PS

• trueblue
    trueblue

All I see from the video is sound moving matter ( who doesn't know? ) I do not see sound creating the matter nore do I see sound create life. Also a word does not necessarily produces sound for example a written word does not produce sound and is silent.

I do think there is a vibration that passes thru matter and makes matter of diferrent texture such ass soft or hard. Think, several types of bread can be formed out of the same ingredients (water, flower, yeast, heat, timing, etc.) just change the amount of any of the ingredients and you have a different type of bread. Another example to think about is water and stone are made of the same materials but stone is a solid and water is a liquid.

It is God's spirit that travels thru and vibrates at differemt rates of vibrations. Inluding light and sound is made up of vibrations.

• trueblue
    trueblue

HMM... mysticism. It has been a long time for me to study, and intereting but our puny little brains will never figure it all out.

Almost had me going again and watched another video but must go back to trust in God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cGp_8CLzUQ

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

and creating matter (i.e., electron (-) and positron (+)), right?

No. You are not creating anything, just changing it.

Everything in the universe "vibrates" in an AETHER, which is also known as "plasma", which makes up 99 percent of space.

That is ridiculous, an old theory that has zero evidence.

If you want a glimpse of our potential, look at the dolphins and their telepathic communciations.

Huh? Dolphins communicate through sound....

But a photon isn't matter, is it? Isn't it non-matter, a force/carrier?

A photon is massless energy.

Ummm, yeah. Something "wrong" with that, dear NVL (the greatest of love and peace to you... and how YOU doin'?)...

Yes, God is unobersvable and you can't perform experiments on him, so he can't fall into the realm of science. And I am doing OK, given all that's been going on, thanks for asking :)

I was thinking in terms of, say, the "gas" (air) that, for example, causes the sun to burn.

Gravity causes hydrogen to fuse into helium, the gasses aren't "burning" in the sense that a fire burns. Fusion reactions realease a LOT of stored energy.

My apologies, dear one, and I get it that my "drivel" here may sound "stupid," but I just don't buy that everything came out of absolutely nothing... other than to say that "nothing" was actually "something."

So where did god come from? His origin would be as unknowable as the beginning of the universe, wouldn't it? I mean, if EVERYTHING had a beginning, then he had to have had one...

The grasp of basic science on this thread makes me weep...

• AGuest
    AGuest
    No. You are not creating anything, just changing it.

Well, okay, dear NVL (peace to you and glad to know you're doing okay!)... but you still have matter (electron/positron, both of which are matter). And what I understood dear GaryNeal to be saying is that you need matter to create matter... in spite of what the article states (that scientists created matter out of "nothing", i.e., light/energy, which is not matter, but merely a force that MOVES matter...)

That is ridiculous, an old theory that has zero evidence.

As I said, I don't now much about these things, so I'll defer to dear ProdigalSon, who raised that issue... as well as to your comment on how dolphins communicate...

A photon is massless energy.

Yes, massLESS... meaning it isn't matter. Yet, per the article, when several PHOTONS collided... matter (mass) occurred. "Something" (matter) came out of "nothing" (non-matter).

God is unobersvable and you can't perform experiments on him, so he can't fall into the realm of science.

I totally agree; however, the physical universe, which God created... IS observable and experiments CAN be performed on/within it. Such experiments can help us see... how it could be that there was/is a Creator. For example, it has long been opined, scientifically, that you cannot produce matter out of nothing. Yet, the article showed how LIGHT/energy/electromagneticism CAN produce matter. And since this thread started with the premise that it was something God SAID... with the result potentially being sound waves that created matter... the fact that what God is recorded to have said was "Let there be light/let light come to be," is... to me... on topic and a way to discuss God while discussing science. Can you "see" that?

And I am doing OK, given all that's been going on, thanks for asking :)

Excellent! Glad to hear it and you are quite welcome!

Gravity causes hydrogen to fuse into helium, the gasses aren't "burning" in the sense that a fire burns. Fusion reactions realease a LOT of stored energy.

Okay, well, I admitted, honestly, that I don't know a lot about this stuff... and was asking...

So where did god come from? His origin would be as unknowable as the beginning of the universe, wouldn't it?

You assume He had an origin. My understanding is that He is the only thing that didn't. Time, as the physical world knows it, "began" when He started the "clock." He did that... when He said, "Let there be light," and then through that light... the physical world came into existence.

I mean, if EVERYTHING had a beginning, then he had to have had one...

Where do you get that everything had a beginning? What... exactly... is a "beginning"?

The grasp of basic science on this thread makes me weep...

I'm sorry, truly. But I tried to warn ya'll... at least with regard to MY knowledge of the subject. I do need to point out, however, that in all that you addressed you didn't address the creation of something out of "nothing" by the scientists... that that "nothing" was light... and that the first thing God reportedly stated was "Let there be light." Nor that Christ is said to be "the Light"... and that all creation came through him. Meaning, you didn't address even the possibility that Christ is the light... energy... "photon"... through which all matter... and the physical world... came into existence. Wanna go there with me? Because, given that possibility, I believe the thread will get even more interesting.

Lemme know and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

notverylikely, O Earthbound One, how do you think thousands of fish, or locusts, or any large group of living things move in perfect unison? When birds migrate and fly in formation, who tells the lead bird to lead and the others to follow? All done by sound eh?

I bet you don't believe in ESP either.... or is it witchcraft?

Telepathic Dolphin Communication

http://members.internet.mw/xanthe/Dolphin%20Communication.htm

Old theory my ass. It's a plasma universe. Maybe there are enough references for you here.

http://www.plasma-universe.com/99.999%25_plasma

~PS

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

And what I understood dear GaryNeal to be saying is that you need matter to create matter... in spite of what the article states (that scientists created matter out of "nothing", i.e., light/energy, which is not matter, but merely a force that MOVES matter...)

Energy can be changed into matter and vice versa. A photon has no rest mass but carry elctromagentic energy and radiation. Light is not "merely" a force that moves matter.

Yes, massLESS... meaning it isn't matter. Yet, per the article, when several PHOTONS collided... matter (mass) occurred. "Something" (matter) came out of "nothing" (non-matter).

That's not what massless means. It has no rest mass. It a particle with energy. The energy is converted into matter. Energy is NOT "nothing"

My understanding is that He is the only thing that didn't.

Then neither did the universe. God came into existence when it did.

He did that... when He said, "Let there be light," and then through that light... the physical world came into existence.

Sorry, I beleive that the light created god and then he hid in the shadows. That's what the dark spots are in the sky. Althought earlier you thought it was the vibrations from his breath.

I do need to point out, however, that in all that you addressed you didn't address the creation of something out of "nothing" by the scientists...

Yes I did. Matter and energy are different forms of the same thing. Photons contain energy (which is not "nothing") that can be turned into matter.

Meaning, you didn't address even the possibility that Christ is the light... energy... "photon"... through which all matter... and the physical world... came into existence. Wanna go there with me? Because, given that possibility, I believe the thread will get even more interesting.

Sure, if you beleive that a photon is "nothing" and you just called christ a photon, you are calling christ nothing. If you do accept that a photon is contains energy then the scientists didn't "create" anything and converted energy to matter (the reverse happens every day). Of course, I wasn't talking about christ, I was addressing photons and matter.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

notverylikely, O Earthbound One, how do you think thousands of fish, or locusts, or any large group of living things move in perfect unison?

They don't.They move in schools via line of sight, sensing the change of the movement of the fish next to them via changes in the water and pheromones. It's well documented. Oh, and dolphin are not fish. They are mammals.

And if "any large group of living things" (your words) then I should expect to see the crowd at Wal-mart move in perfect unison on Black Friday. They are both large and a large group.

I bet you don't believe in ESP either.... or is it witchcraft?

Is there a reason I should?

Old theory my ass. It's a plasma universe. Maybe there are enough references for you here.

http://www.plasma-universe.com/99.999%25_plasma

Your ass is made of an old theory? Fine. That's cool I guess. However, you said that 99% of "space" was made up of plasma. That article specifically talked about observable matter in an ionized state. Observable matter makes up about 20% of the observable universe, so at best 20% of the MATTER in the universe is plasma, the rest of the MATTER is something else. If you are talking matter in space, average density of matter is about 1 atom/cm^3. In perspective, there are about 100380000000000000000000 atoms in a cubic centimeter of water. If you were talking about MATTER, it's at best about 20%, presuming all matter that is observable is ionized. If you are talking about matter AND space as a single entity, then it's about 9.9621438533572424785813907152819 x 10^-24%, or 0.0000000000000000000000099621438533572424785813907152819% of space/matter being plasma....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Energy can be changed into matter and vice versa.

I agree, dear NVL (peace to you!), based on my very limited knowledge of physics but what I've read over the past day or so...

A photon has no rest mass but carry elctromagentic energy and radiation.

I agree...

Light is not "merely" a force that moves matter.

Again, I agree. "Merely" is not an appropriate word, here...

That's not what massless means. It has no rest mass. It a particle with energy.

Yes. Apparently, there is some misinformation out there that confuses the two... and/or it was very late when I posted... but I researched further and came across:

"In physics, mass must be differentiated from matter, a more poorly defined idea in the physical sciences."

So, I probably should have stated "matterless." My non-scientific-physics-knowing bad...

The energy is converted into matter. Energy is NOT "nothing"

I agree with that. I only called it "nothing" to make my point, as there are those who apparently believe energy is "nothing", for instance, the scientists in the article who claimed to have made matter "out of nothing." Get my drift?

Then neither did the universe. God came into existence when it did. Sorry, I believe that the light created god...

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I very well may be), but you're saying you believe that the universe existed? Or that light existed? And then "god" came forth from the light? Am I correct? Okay. I believe... no, I am now willing to say that I know... God existed... and that light (Christ) came forth from Him... and that the physical universe came throught that light (Christ). Perhaps we need to agree to disagree at this point?

and then he hid in the shadows. That's what the dark spots are in the sky.

Ah, yes, sarcasm... even when someone admits their ignorance of a subject and attempts to have an honest discussion, albeit presenting a differing point of view. So... mature. But please, don't roll your eyes TOO hard at me - I would be inclined to think you're holding on to much more of that WTBTS than you've let on here...

Althought earlier you thought it was the vibrations from his breath.

Earlier... I speculated... and asked posters... as to the possibility, based on the topic of the thread, what I DO know about science (which I professed was very little). Praise JAH, I was not left to my own conclusions...but led into the truth of the matter: light, not sound waves. Done. Answered.

Yes I did. Matter and energy are different forms of the same thing. Photons contain energy (which is not "nothing") that can be turned into matter.

I was referring to the something out of "nothing" claimed by the scientists... in the article? Matter created by colliding photons... pure light/energy... which apparently wasn't something that had occurred before that time... at least, not known by man to have. The article did say that they knew energy could create matter... but not without some particle of matter already present. Apparently, this was different? No matter... so, in their minds... "nothing"? But perhaps you know something the scientists didn't... and I would be more than happy to hear about it, if you care to share...

Sure, if you beleive that a photon is "nothing" and you just called christ a photon, you are calling christ nothing.

It is not I who said a photon is nothing. I only quoted the article. Hence, the quotation marks. My position, however, as I stated above, is that "something" cannot come from "nothing" (which is apparently the view of some), that there was in fact "something" that "everything" came out of... but that "something" was NOT matter that already existed... but the light/energy (or, as the scientists termed it, "nothing")... that created the matter that came into existence. My position is that everything indeed came from something... and that the experiment apparently shows that where scientists previously believed they could NOT produce anything on its own... without utilizing matter... they actually could... and so that "nothing"... WAS something... light/energy.

My position is that that light... is Christ. The True Light that "flashed forth" from God... and as a result of such "flash"... through whom all creation came into existence.

If you do accept that a photon is contains energy

I accept that it contains energy... and understand that it is the basic unit of light, which is the electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength which is sometimes visible to the human eye... but not always...

then the scientists didn't "create" anything

What, you're putting that claim on ME? Seriously?? I mean, I would LOVE to be able to say that I know about this than the physicists (or writers), but I don't think I can. So I will defer to them:

"Out Of Pure Light, Physicists Create Particles Of Matter

ScienceDaily (Sep. 18, 1997) — A team of 20 physicists from four institutions has literally made something from nothing, creating particles of matter from ordinary light for the first time."

It stated "create". But perhaps you know something these physicists/science writer doesn't know?

and converted energy to matter

Hmmmm, yes, I understand what you mean; however, I think the article addressed that: "Scientists have long been able to convert matter to energy; the most spectacular example is a nuclear explosion, where a small amount of matter creates tremendous energy. Now physicists have succeeded in doing the opposite: converting energy in the form of light into matter -- in this experiment, electrons and their anti-matter equivalent, positrons. Converting energy into matter isn't completely new to physicists. When they smash together particles like protons and anti-protons in high-energy accelerator experiments, the initial particles are destroyed and release a fleeting burst of energy. Sometimes this energy burst contains very short-lived packets of light known as "virtual photons" which go on to form new particles." But I don't think this is the part that made the news. I think THAT part is: "In this experiment scientists observedfor the first time the creation of particles from real photons, packets of light that scientists can observe directly in the laboratory." Again, I am not up on all of this, but I don't think you can lay the claim of "creating" particles... on me...

(the reverse happens every day).

Yes, the article indicates that, which is why I assume there wasn't so much hoopla over the reverse...

Of course, I wasn't talking about christ, I was addressing photons and matter.

Yes, I got that. May I ask you, please... why do YOU think people so long ago would write that the first thing "God" said "let there be"... was "light"? Before you anwer, please note that the account wasn't referring to the sun, moon, or stars... or similar things that give our world literal light. I'm just curious as to what you think... But in case you didn't get it, my position is that, contrary to previous believe... and evidently some belief here... pure energy CAN create matter. And Christ is the pure energy... or light... through which all matter... or the physical universe... was created. Peace to you! YOUR servant (as I am servant to ALL those of the Household of God, Israel and those who go with), and a slave of Christ, SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit